Another new reason Downs choose OSU

ddavis1120

Glad the Dawgs didn't match osu's offer. Could have caused issues in the locker room with our All American safety being paid half of what a non All American safety wanted.

Plus he will probably come around next year after blackbeard gets fired. Next December he'll be more concerned about getting coached up and increasing his physicality for the NFL than worrying about the NIL money.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Glad the Dawgs didn't match osu's offer. Could have caused issues in the locker room with our All American safety being paid half of what a non All American safety wanted.

Plus he will probably come around next year after blackbeard gets fired. Next December he'll be more concerned about getting coached up and increasing his physicality for the NFL than worrying about the NIL money.
Lol at blackbeard

Madsnooker

Nah, the one that don't know is you. DAWGS wouldn't go over $500k, but y'all hit da boy way over that. His dad been out bragging.
None of us know. I reported what they said on bucknuts podcast by Bill Kurlic and others and they said uga made the first offer and that he really Didn't want to go to ga which is already well known but would go to osu if they matched. Is that true? I have no idea but neither do you.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Yeah it's updated as of this week. I don't think any of it is updated as of what they will be getting for next season. Kinda sorta says so at the top.
That’s what I assume. A yearly contract

Madsnooker

One minute it's 13mil next it's 10mil??? So what happened to the other 3 mil just reported 2 days ago???? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: the truth is It's all internet fodder by journalist looking for clicks to read their articles. The real insiders say OSU matched ugas offer and that's all that was needed for Downs and the majority of OSUs nil money is for returning players. Sounds logical and probably much closer to the truth.

MudDucker

Staff member
None of us know. I reported what they said on bucknuts podcast by Bill Kurlic and others and they said uga made the first offer and that he really Didn't want to go to ga which is already well known but would go to osu if they matched. Is that true? I have no idea but neither do you.

None of us know ... afraid that it isn't correct.

MudDucker

Staff member

Nope, he wanted UGA to be with his favorite coach. He announced he was coming. However, his dad is ticked at Kirby for not taking his other son and was having a fit. OSU upped the money and dad pretty much ran the show.

Madsnooker

Nope, he wanted UGA to be with his favorite coach. He announced he was coming. However, his dad is ticked at Kirby for not taking his other son and was having a fit. OSU upped the money and dad pretty much ran the show.
That's not what's being reported by those close to the situation on OSUs side. They said his heart has always been OSU thats why OSU was second his first time around. I went back and read the thread again on the dawg site and the reason the fan wrote the famous post about having inside info on the apartment size was some dawg fans had posted they listened to Dave Biddle and Kurlic and maybe Downs actually went were he wanted so hence the pivot. :rofl:
Bottom line, no mater the reason, Downs is in Columbus where he should have been the first time. :bounce:

MudDucker

Staff member
That's not what's being reported by those close to the situation on OSUs side. They said his heart has always been OSU thats why OSU was second his first time around. I went back and read the thread again on the dawg site and the reason the fan wrote the famous post about having inside info on the apartment size was some dawg fans had posted they listened to Dave Biddle and Kurlic and maybe Downs actually went were he wanted so hence the pivot. :rofl:
Bottom line, no mater the reason, Downs is in Columbus where he should have been the first time. :bounce:

Gosh, I can't imagine OSU spinning this. :rofl:

Madsnooker

Gosh, I can't imagine OSU spinning this. :rofl:
At least my info is from listening to respected 247 guys which are also OSU insiders that have direct access to Day, Downs and his Dad.
But, That's exactly why I said non of us know the exact truth. It's just all webz fodder!!! ;)

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
At least my info is from listening to respected 247 guys which are also OSU insiders that have direct access to Day, Downs and his Dad.
But, That's exactly why I said non of us know the exact truth. It's just all webz fodder!!! ;)

You spend too much time Day dreaming and listening to "respected 247 guys". Don't you have some work to do and fish to catch? ::ke: :bounce:

Madsnooker

You spend too much time Day dreaming and listening to "respected 247 guys". Don't you have some work to do and fish to catch? ::ke: :bounce:
You are so right. I've been here in Daytona all week at SFMA conference (sports fields managers association) dog and pony show listening to head grounds keepers and golf superintendents from the Rose bowl stadium and PGA courses tell me how to better train my crews to take care of sports fields! facepalm:
Hopefully my employees that are here are paying attention while I play on my phone. :rofl:I would much rather be fishing believe me. :wink:

James12

Well, Blackbeard it is from here on out. :ROFLMAO:

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Isn’t the culture at tOSU something else? Day is 56-8 as a head coach and folks think he should be fired. Good grief. Outside of Kirby and Saban, nobody comes close to that in the last 5 years
In a junk conference. The 8 games he lost was the biggest games of his career. He's the Mark Richt of the Big10. The only thing that saved his job was Jim leaving Michigan, If he had another loss to Jim, heads would roll.

huntfish

You are so right. I've been here in Daytona all week at SFMA conference (sports fields managers association) dog and pony show listening to head grounds keepers and golf superintendents from the Rose bowl stadium and PGA courses tell me how to better train my cr:rofl:ews to take care of sports fields! facepalm:
Hopefully my employees that are here are paying attention while I play on my phone. I would much rather be fishing believe me.

You are so right. I've been here in Daytona all week at SFMA conference (sports fields managers association) dog and pony show listening to head grounds keepers and golf superintendents from the Rose bowl stadium and PGA courses tell me how to better train my crews to take care of sports fields! facepalm:
Hopefully my employees that are here are paying attention while I play on my phone. :rofl:I would much rather be fishing believe me. :wink:
Here you go. Austin is just down the road and one of, if not, the best in the area. https://charterfishingnewsmyrnabeach.com/

Attachments

• Big Red.jpg
    Big Red.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Snook.jpg
    Snook.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 2

Latest posts