April Humpingday Eats.....ain't gonna throw my back out......

Dub

Was hopping in the truck this morning and my back spoke up and I took notice.

It tends not to fire many warning shots over the bow before the direct hits occur.

So....with that in mind....will proceed with caution. Too much other stuff I need to get done to be dealing with this mess. Getting old & mean, I tell ya's. :rofl:

Gonna post up whatever gets cooked 'round here today in this thread. Please jump in and join along with your grilling, smoking, searing, baking or shaking cooking.

We woke up this morning to a cool bedroom and some warm dogs snuggling up to us. Wife asked what I had in mind for my day off today. Told her I was meeting up with a buddy at the shooting range early on...and then would probably wash & wax our cars while grilling some burgers for dinner.

"Yuck....so not wanting a burger", sez she.

"Wut ???", sez I. :huh:

"I want what we had last night again", sez she.

"Olive Garden junk ?" :banginghe
"Yes !"

"Lemme think on it" facepalm:

"Please.....":lovey:

So....tonight we are having "Fauxlive Garden".......except I'm not leaving the house to get it. Gonna mess around and see if something acceptably along those lines can be conjured up in the kitchen and/or grill.

I'll post up as I go.

Please join in and post up your cooking.

Last edited:

Dub

For breakfast.....I cooked a few slices of this stuff in the oven with some brown sugar & rib rub on it.

Trying to duplicate one of her favorite breaks sammiches that we will get when on road trips or whatever.....Dunkin's maple-sugar-whatever bacon, egg & cheese croissant.

Turned out fairly decent....even though the croissants I used seemed to be a little overdone on the outside. Picked them up from Lidl yesterday....along with the bacon.

American & cheddar, mayo, over semi-easy egg, hopped-up bacon and some honey on top.

About all the calories I could pack into her's, lol.

I rolled with just an egg and some bacon....saving my carbs until this evening :rofl:

Hope everyone has a super day....it's about perfect weather here....sunny and high of 70. Was nice and cool this morning.

naildrvr

That looks all kindsa good. I went back on low-carb yesterday and I'm ready to tear into something wrong right now!!!!

Reactions: Dub

patsam

For breakfast.....I cooked a few slices of this stuff in the oven with some brown sugar & rib rub on it.

Trying to duplicate one of her favorite breaks sammiches that we will get when on road trips or whatever.....Dunkin's maple-sugar-whatever bacon, egg & cheese croissant.

Turned out fairly decent....even though the croissants I used seemed to be a little overdone on the outside. Picked them up from Lidl yesterday....along with the bacon.

American & cheddar, mayo, over semi-easy egg, hopped-up bacon and some honey on top.

About all the calories I could pack into her's, lol.

I rolled with just an egg and some bacon....saving my carbs until this evening :rofl:

Hope everyone has a super day....it's about perfect weather here....sunny and high of 70. Was nice and cool this morning.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Take care of the back, Dub. Ever tried yoga for core strengthening, balance and flexibility? I know many of ya'll may be raisin' an eyebrow at this, but my Mom is 84, and teaches yoga 5 days a week, and is in better health because of it than most 40 year olds.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
That egg sammich looks good, too.

Dub

That looks all kindsa good. I went back on low-carb yesterday and I'm ready to tear into something wrong right now!!!!

Thanks.

I know what you mean. I'm gonna revisit the low-carb run again soon. Gonna miss my Yuenglings.

Man that sammich looks good! I want one!

Thanks. She jumped on it like a hongry hobo on a ham sammich. She said it was better than the Dunkin' version. Mission accomplished. :rockon:

Where,d you get the bacon?

Lidl grocery store.

Take care of the back, Dub. Ever tried yoga for core strengthening, balance and flexibility? I know many of ya'll may be raisin' an eyebrow at this, but my Mom is 84, and teaches yoga 5 days a week, and is in better health because of it than most 40 year olds.

Oh yeah....steady as she goes with the tricky back. All is well...but like I said...It'll twinge like that a few times throughout a day or so....and then the spasms will roll in and lock me down until the steroids roll in.

No further issues today. Mighty grateful.

I'm due for some core strengthening for certain. I may take some with my wife when she gets on the mend shortly.

Last edited:

Dub

I'm fittin' to give the un-iformed (like me) a tip or five :crazy: on manicotti......or figure out how to shake the box in the store and glean the critical info you need there.

1) Buy twice what you think you need for said cook......

2) Next tip is to boil them tenderly.......stir with caution as they'll break.

3) Once you get them boiled and cooled....lay out a bed of tasty sauce....and blend your stuffing carefully......

4) Stuff the cooked shells with care.......

5) Scratch all the above tips because there is NO WAY HUMANLY POSSIBLE to stuff said shells without busting them.

Convert to lasagna.......and pray that yer sauce is proper enough to conceal above mentioned trespasses. :bounce:

Last edited:

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Speaking on the sauce.........ain't ashamed to admit that I start with a big ole jar of Ragu and then add onions, garlic, basil, eye-talian seasoning and other usual suspects and let it simmer for a few hours.

Silly easy & delicious.
My ex-SIL, who managed a 4 star Italian place for her boyfriend used to add ground beef to Rague and call it "home made".