April Humpingday Eats.....ain't gonna throw my back out......

Dub

Lamb, shrimp and peeler crabs...side of cauliflower coated with Dijon mustard and sharp cheddar. Mint jelly for the lamb. Random but good.View attachment 964497View attachment 964498

Lawd have mercy that looks delicious......

My Grandma used to serve up the mint jelly with the leg of lamb that she'd cook.

So dang good. I gotta thank you bigtime for bringing back some wonderful memories.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
The best part of fishing!!

Flounder with Stone Crab topping...

Attachments

• D30EE86C-5566-4C14-8D9F-A49A83A4C541.jpeg
    D30EE86C-5566-4C14-8D9F-A49A83A4C541.jpeg
    268.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 0ECCD260-85AB-404C-832D-4AE80B2E702B.jpeg
    0ECCD260-85AB-404C-832D-4AE80B2E702B.jpeg
    328.2 KB · Views: 15

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Fired up the tiny grill to handle the cheesy meatballs and pork chops....

Tossed some smallish pork chops on the grill, too.

Also had a skillet of baby carrots & Brussels cooked & then drizzled with the balsamic reduction glaze.

THIS is a "clean out the freezer - toss together" meal? HOME RUN!

Reactions: Dub

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Man O Man!!!!

Beeeeeuteeefull eats up in here!!!!!!

Dub them backs can be the debil!!! Hope it gets better!! Your cookin looks to be fine!!!

naildrvr

I can't compete with y'all tonight:banginghe
My wife's boss took her and the other work ladies out to Longhorns for suppa. She bought me some Boom Boom Shrimp. They got gone quick!

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Everyone liked the hopped up Ragu sauce....bigly. So easy.....big old jar + onions + basil + Italian seasoning + maters and some time to simmer.
You could have left off the "big ol jar" and still had a good sauce.

Dub

You could have left off the "big ol jar" and still had a good sauce.

Very true.

I've made it from scratch a number of times. I just didn't have the maters and herbs on hand. Saw the big jar that either my wife or one of the kids had bought.....looked into the freezer.....and knew I had ground chuck that I'd intended to make burgers with....hit the store for the manicotti and some other stuff she wanted. In & out.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Very true.

I've made it from scratch a number of times. I just didn't have the maters and herbs on hand. Saw the big jar that either my wife or one of the kids had bought.....looked into the freezer.....and knew I had ground chuck that I'd intended to make burgers with....hit the store for the manicotti and some other stuff she wanted. In & out.
Bro..that was off the chain goot look'n eats. :clap::clap::clap:

Dub

Bro..that was off the chain goot look'n eats. :clap::clap::clap:

Thank you.

I'm afraid I overdid the balsamic reduction sauce on the shrooms & chops.

The baked ravioli is insanely simple and she liked it more than the fried version from Olive Garden. Spread 'em out on a baking sheet...heck, they weren't even all the way thawed. Sprayed some olive oil on them and dusted with Italian seasoning & grated parmesan and cooked 'em in the oven for a few minutes.

Great appetizer or football watching food. So easy even this Sasquatch can do it. :rofl:

Skillet Brussels were even easier.

The only work was when I thought I'd be able to stuff the manicotti....and grew frustrated really quick and improvised.

Meatballs were simple....meat, eggs, cheese, seasoned bread crumbs and fire.

Froze the leftovers for future meals at work. :fine:

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Stuffed pasta is not for the impatient.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
Thank you.

I'm afraid I overdid the balsamic reduction sauce on the shrooms & chops.

The baked ravioli is insanely simple and she liked it more than the fried version from Olive Garden. Spread 'em out on a baking sheet...heck, they weren't even all the way thawed. Sprayed some olive oil on them and dusted with Italian seasoning & grated parmesan and cooked 'em in the oven for a few minutes.

Great appetizer or football watching food. So easy even this Sasquatch can do it. :rofl:

Skillet Brussels were even easier.

The only work was when I thought I'd be able to stuff the manicotti....and grew frustrated really quick and improvised.

Meatballs were simple....meat, eggs, cheese, seasoned bread crumbs and fire.

Froze the leftovers for future meals at work. :fine:
Easy way to stuff the shells. Put the cheese mixture in a baggie and cut the bottom corner of baggie off and squeeze it in the shells. (y)

Dub

Easy way to stuff the shells. Put the cheese mixture in a baggie and cut the bottom corner of baggie off and squeeze it in the shells. (y)

You nailed it. :biggrin2:

Yep.....that was my method used....but I fumbled my way into a pure-t mess.

I was following this hombre's video:

Looking back on it...methinks that I should've used a thinner gauge baggie...and cut a smaller piece of corner off'n it.

As it was...I had a dang freezer bag with a larger cut off corner. The ricotta-mozzarella-egg-seasoning mix was being squoze outa there with too much force/pressure/volume/speed. That...combined with my music selection had me going at it too fast.

Next time I'm rolling with Steely Dan and allowing more time. :rofl:

Gotta remember to buy some cheap thin gauge baggies next time I'm in a store.