Are Catholics Born Again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjcruiser

Not offensive, just wrong;)

So I guess we've found the core of where we disagree. I guess why that is why they call this the debate forum :bounce:

P

PJason

Calvin and Luther didn't change the bible...they just translated it from Latin into German (Wycliffe into English) so that the common man of the day could read it, study it and know what it said.

Well the common man of the day could not read. It was only the upper elite that could read then, and the upper elite were taught in Catholic Universities where they would have learned the scholarly language of the day which was Latin not English or German. Latin was the lingua franca of the day just as in the time of Christ it was Greek. And yes Luther did change words in the Bible. There was a German translation of the Bible. As a matter of fact the Bible had been translated into many different languages before Luther and into English before Wycliffe (whose translation was rejected by the writers of the KJV).

Why would the Roman Catholic Church try to keep the people from reading the Word of God on their own by keeping it in Latin?

They keep no one from reading it. Do you know how long it takes to write out the Bible by hand and make it legible? Try it sometime. There was no printing press. Bibles where very expensive to produce thus very few could afford them. Even after the printing press came into use Bibles where still very expensive and out of the budget of the common man. There was a Bible in every Church available for reading. And they heard it read at every Mass, yes in Latin and then in their own language along with a homily about the readings. Attend a Catholic Church everyday for three years and you will have heard the entire Bible some parts twice. Attend many other churches and you will hear a few verses each week repeated throughout the year.

BTW, I prefer the NAS or NKJV...the KJV can be difficult to read with all of the thees and thous in it.

Well then you could not read Wycliffe's either it was in Old English. I prefer the DB 1609 that would be two years before King James, it would also been the English translation the King James writers referenced.

Again, it didn't magically appear after 1500 years. It just took that long (actually 1300 years) for Wycliffe to translate it from Latin to English.

Because we all know Jesus spoke English. Heck God speaks only English right.

Why not? All of these ideas come straight from the Bible. And it says in II Tim 3:16...All Scripture is inspired by God and profitible for teaching, for reproof, for correction and for training in righteousness.

You are correct it also says it is not open to personal interpretations, it also says that the Church is the Pillar and the Bulwark of the Truth.

I believe that if it is inspired by God, it is 100% true.

Sacred Scripture, Sacred tradition, and the Magisterium are all three inspired by God 100%

Last edited:

Sterlo58

Man, some folks ( bmpique ) have a lot of spare time on their hands.
:stir::stir::stir:

It took me a long time to wade through this one.

P

PJason

I was a devout catholic for 38 years before the Lord opened my eyes to the Truth in Jesus.

38 years seems like a long time for God to leave you in the dark.

My dad studied for 3 years to be a priest before leaving. I can assure you, i was very devout.

I would like some sort of proof on this front. What seminary did your father attend? What years? Why did he leave? Is he still a deacon?

Also why did you leave the Church? Who made you mad? Was it your father or mother? Did a priest say something mean to you?

You guys misunderstand me and assume i am spewing "hatred"... I may be spewing hatred for a group of men (papacy) who has done more harm to this world than any other group men ever.

You are spewing hatred for me by spewing hatred for the Catholic Church and all Her teachings. I am a Catholic the Catholic Church is the Body of Christ I am part of that Body, therefore you are spewing hatred for me.

Isn't it funny how everybody looks at Hitler as a maniac murderer b/c he killed 6 million people. Well the papacy has killed 100 million people over 1500 years... So how come the popes are not maniacs? You don't condemn them b/c you are a papist...

The first people killed in the Auschwitz were not Jews but Catholics. Queen Elizabeth killed nearly one million Catholics during her reign. And if you picked up a history book in the last oh say twenty years you would see that the numbers killed, not by the Catholic Church but by the state governments because heresy was a state crime, during the Spanish Inquisition (you do know there was more then one inquisition both Catholic and Protestant) is lower then 10,000.

I am not questioning your love of God at all. I am questioning the system that you are in. Almost every doctrine that the romish church teaches come from men and not God. Just because Jesus said, "feed my sheep" does not mean that Peter is to become a pope...

You are right about one thing just because of one thing Christ said did not make St. Peter the leader of Christ Church here on earth, it was the totality of His words that did.

True Christians have always been persecuted and always will. You guys hate me b/c I tell you the Truth and it goes against your beliefs. Let me share a couple of verses with you.

I have not once used the word “hate” toward you at all have I? I believe you were the one who used it toward the Body which I am a part of.

Proverbs 18:13 (King James Version)
13 He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him...

So all of you are condemning me before you have researched it for yourself.

This is a false assumption. I have done way more then research I have been away for years to search and returned home.

I have reseached the catholic catechism, history books and the Bible.

Sadly had this been true you would have seen that your prior post was not from the Catechism, nor are many of your “points” listed here based on either church teaching or historical fact. This is where I question your sincerity in saying that you have “researched”.

I am no expert at any of this but i do know that the Holy Spirit ran me out of the catholic church as soon as I was truly born again and seeking truth. If you seek the truth, the Lord will give it to you.

Yall are angry because your views do not match the Bible and I am exposing them. Another verse:
Gal 4:16
16 Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth? Paul was telling them the truth and they hated him. Thats fine, you can hate me too. I dont mind and I expect to be hated b/c my views are based on the Bible and not manmade catechism written unregenerate men...

Paul says in Gal 1:8-9
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

I am not angry at you I am saddened by your hate.

So what is "any other gospel"?
Let me give you a few:
purgatory
mariology
calling priest holy father
eating a Jesus wafer
praying to non saint thomas and others
holy water
incense
salvation by works
infant baptism
confession to priest
bowing to pope
indulgences (giving money to that church so your sins or a dead family member's sins would be forgiven)
and there is many more ...

Here is a good site you…

http://www.scripturecatholic.com/

So I am sorry gentlemen. I do not mean to offend in any way. I do love all Catholics and the Holy Spirit has given me great discernment to help Catholics understand that they need to be asking questions about their church. Let me help you with these questions:

You continue to apologize for what you call telling the truth. Why is that? Are you feeling some sort of guilt?

1) why didn't Peter mention in his 2 books that he had been a pope for 30 years?
Because St. Peter’s writing where focus on Christ, not on himself

2) if mary was sinless and a virgin how can this be? If she didnt sleep with Joseph than she sinned...

If you could provide any sort of proof this was a sin I would like to see it.

3) Jesus obvioulsy had siblings:
Mark 6:3
Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him...

Matthew 13:55
"Isn't this the carpenter's son? Isn't his mother's name Mary, and aren't his brothers James, Joseph, Simon and Judas?

By your logic here then Joseph is His true father and not the Lord. Also Christ was a very devout Jew, why if He had brothers would He not put Mary into their care at His death?

How can Mary had been sinless?
Luke 1:46-48 46And Mary said: "My soul glorifies the Lord 47and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior,
As you see here, Mary calls Jesus her Savior. Why would Mary call Jesus "my Savior", if she was sinless? A sinless person does not need a savior b/c they are sinless... It just doesnt make sense...

I will use the quicksand example. A man walks into quicksand Christ come along sees the man dying and pulls him out thus saving the man’s life he. Mary is walking toward the quicksand Christ stops her and says that is quicksand if you fall in you could die. Both have been saved from the quicksand or sin, however one was stained by the quicksand and the other was not. Both have a Savior Jesus Christ.

Men (popes, me, you, nobody) are NOT allowed to change the Word of God.

Read Rev 22:18-19
18 I" warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book. 19 And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book."

This book is the key phrase. While I do not believe in changing the Bible or removing books like the Protestants did, this passage speaks of the Book of Revelation alone and not the Bible as a whole.

Guys, God makes it clear that NOBODY can change His Words in any kind of way. Does the catholic church do this? lets examine...
1) praying to Mary (other saints) has been added.
2) catholic catechism has been added
3) eating the Jesus wafer has been added
4) holy water, incence, bells, sign of cross, etc, added
5) transubstantiation has been added
6) eucaharist has been added
7) priests, nuns, cardinals, bishops and popes, added
8) salvation by works as been added
9) confessing sins to priest has been added
10) 40 days of lent has been added
11) papacy has been added
12) removed 2nd commandment so that they could be idolaters without being condemned for it...

Again… I will pass you onto here

The point is this: For all of these catholic doctrines to be true and allowed by God, then God would have to a liar. My Bible says that He is not a liar nor can He lie... So God cannot authorize these doctrines as "Christian" b/c He did not authorize them, but men did. Take Christmas for example. If you research the origins of Christmas, you learn that the holy day had been celebrated by pagans for hundereds of years prior to Christ. The catholic church now reigning in Rome, decides they are gonna take all of the old pagan rituals and make them "christian". So after working on it for hundreds of years they finally came up with Christmas. Now Chrstmas is a wordly holy day for pagans, heathens, catholics, baptists, presbyterians, etc. So what does God think of our man-made holiday... He hates it! Jesus was NOT born on 12/25 so celebrating this holy day is a lie. Again, anything that is a lie, CANNOT be from God... True Christians should not celebrate these roman man made helli-days.. They are not pleasing to God.

Christmas is not a doctrine. I will ask that you go back through all the post made on the board; you will find all of these false claims answered.

The history books tell us that Christians were being fed to the lions around 50ad-310adad... if Peter was the beloved Pope of Rome, why would Peter allow these atrocities to happen? Would Benedict allow the guards to throw Christians to the lions now?? No he wouldnt, unless he could get away with it without being caught...

Because St. Peter had no power over the Roman government, is that really your argument? Please tell me you have some sort of at least light grasp on reality and an understanding of history.

Christianity was illegal in rome until around 311ad when Contanstine made Christianity legal... If there had been a bunch of popes over this time period, who were Christian THEN WHY WOULD THE POPES ALLOW CHRSTIANS TO BE THROWN TO THE LIONS???? It just doesnt make any sense at all...

You said it in your own statement Christianity was illegal, how could the Pope, who’s Church was mostly underground, stop the Romans from doing anything. As a matter of fact many of those Popes were martyred by the Romans.

If Peter was a beloved pope why was he killed by his own roman army.. Makes No SENSE!!!!!

St. Peter would have had no control over the Roman army, where would you ever get an idea that he had any sort of power in the Roman army. The Catholic Church never claimed to have any sort of power in Roman at the time of St. Peter.

The catholic church says their string of popes has never been broken.. that is another lie. In 1798 General Berthier, who was a general for Napolean stormed into rome and captured the pope. The pope later died while in custody later on. Around 1800, they put in another pope. So there again, they are lying. This pope was phyically removed and another was not put in for a year or two... Just one of many lies of the papacy...

Do some research on Hitler and the Popes. You will learn that Hitler and the Popes were in bed together... Seems strange for a Christian leader to be big buddies with a psycho like Hitler...

Really then answer a couple of questions, why did the Jews honor the Pope after WWII for the work he did to save the Jews? Why did the Pope speak out against Hitler in many encyclical letters? One of them was written in German, why is that odd? The Pope was German of course he would write in German right? Correction Pope Puis XI was Italian. His successor Pope Puis XII was Papal Nuncio to Germany and is it believed he was he one to write this encyclical in German.. The language of the Church is Latin; everything done in the Church is in Latin including all of the Popes encyclical letters. In 1937 the Pope in order to make a point wrote his encyclical in German and addressed it specifically to the Germans. If you would like to read it I have attached a link.

http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/pius_xi/encyclicals/documents/hf_p-xi_enc_14031937_mit-brennender-sorge_en.html

Also here is a book by a Jewish Rabbi about Pope Pius XII and how he helped saved many Jews.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/woods/woods48.html

One more thing the author of Hitler’s Pope has since recanted you can it here

http://www.economist.com/books/displaystory.cfm?story_id=3471137

There many stories of the persecution that came out of rome towards people like me, who refuse to submit to the pope and follow the Bible alone... You may want to read
a great article on St Bartholomews Day.... where your church killed thousands of innocent people...
http://www.reformation.org/saint-barts-day-massacre.pdf

Guys, I see that you are offended and I am sorry about that. Sharing the Truth of Jesus with people is never easy in the beginning.

Again if you really believe it is the truth stop apologizing.

if any of you will just start reading your Bibles (NT) and compare that to what the church teaches. you will learn thruth.

Why would you want me limit myself to the New Testament? I take the Bible as whole and read it all. I do read my Bible every day in my morning prayers I also hear it read at every Mass, but being a former Catholic and a “very devout” one at that you should know this.

God says that we have to Scriptures to prove Scriptures. So what shuold we use to compare to the catholic doctrines?? You must use Scriptures to prove the catholic doctrines. If you dont then you wont get anywhere...

God never said anything such thing. St. Peter did say that the ignorant and unlearned will twist scripture to their own destruction and I also think he said that no scripture is open to personal interpretation.

cont...

Last edited:
P

PJason

See here where the catholic church has changed the 10 commandments: see the link below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_Commandments

This a neutral site that will prove to you that the catholic church has rewritten the commandments for their own people. What did they do? They removed the 2nd commandment (Idolotry) and split the 10th commandment in to 2 commandments.

By doing this, they can now be idolaters without sinning (so they think) ... Whats the inside of a catholic church look like? There are idols, statues, icons, relics, paintings murals, etc, call over the church.

I really hope you own no clothing, hats, paintings, pictures, or anything that might have even the slightest resemblance to the Lord or you are condemning yourself too.

The Ten Commandments have not changed they are as they have for millennia the Catholic Church has never changed them.

Gal 1:8,9 proves that the Catholic Church is "accursed" b/c they preach a different gosel that of the Apostles.

We are the only Church with Apostolic succession, our teachings are never without the Apostles.

The Catholic Church is also accursed again because they take away Bible doctrine and add their own Bible doctrine...

Again here is an excellent resource for you

This has a forum site that you can join too, they even have a radio show. You should call you would do well.
http://www.catholic.com/

God will not share His Glory with anyone, but what does the catholic church do? they make the pope the Holy Father which is blasphemy. and give him the highest reverance possible on the earth. They even claim that he IS Jesus Christ on earth,,,, Blasphemy, What does God saya about this... "Those who are exalted, will be humbled. Those who are humbled will be exalted. The pope is the most exalted man on the earth, so according to God, the pope will be EXTREMELY humbled when he dies....

I have seen the Pope humble himself in many ways John Paul the Great was one the greatest spiritual leaders of our time, I know the day he entered Heaven he was received with much joy and exaltation.

They also raise Mary to a level of worhip where God has to share His clory. God hates it...

I pray the Rosary and say Hail Mary’s and have never once “worshiped” Mary I give her the same veneration and honor that Christ did. As the perfect Jewish son He obeyed to its great extent and in obeying that law He too would have honored His Mother and His Father. As an adopted brother in God’s covenant family I afford my adopted Mother and Father the same honor.

Anyway, I love you guys and I mean you no offense... I wont ever know you in this life but I pray that I meet all of you in Heaven one day... Please dont shoot the messenger because he brings a message of love, hope, salvation and TRUTH. The message of the Good News of the Bible is very offensive to people who are not in it. Thats a sure sign if someone is in the Faith or not... One last thought, if you can learn, like you have here that the papacy has killed tens of millions of innocent people for no reason and not get mad at the PAPACY, then you are lost. Bush has gone into Iraq and killed a few thousand people and the world is in chaos over this, calling him a murderer and terrorist. they do have ground to stand on, as I do... The papacy is evil, the priesthood is evil, the Magisterium is evil, the catholic doctrines are evil but the catholic people are precious.... I pray for those all the time.

What you hate is what you think you know about the Catholic Church. If you understood it you would love it. I will continue to pray for your return home. I will make a special intention for you during the time I spend in Eucharistic Adoration.

Last edited:
P

PJason

Christianity is NOT a religion. When did Jesus tell anyone to be religious.

If Christianity is not a religion then why are you not a Jew? Christ Himself was a Jew and Christianity grew out of the Jewish religion.

BTW your repeated questions about why St. Peter let his own army kill him is a very sad one. You have shouted many times to read your history, when I suspect you have never touch a book. Your ignorance of history sad, mostly because of your devotion to lies.

dorkmen

As a life long Catholic I have only been born once. I aim on keeping it that way. I plan on getting it right the first time making it all the way to salvation. Skip purgatory altogether I can pay for my sins here on earth the first time. I do not need to came back twice to get it right. I pray.

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
Just for my personal interest, which denomination is it you proclaim to be the "True" Christian religion that you espouse?

Hey bmpique, would you please humble me by answering my question above? It must have been missed in the melee.

Big7

The Oracle
Say What?!

Ahhh....this explains everything I need to know about your religion.

Revelation 23:18-19
18I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues which are written in this book;

19and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his part from the tree of life and from the holy city, which are written in this book.

The 5 Solas are the backbone of true Christianity.

1. Sola Scriptura ("By Scripture Alone")
2. Sola Fide ("By Faith Alone")
3. Sola Gratia ("By Grace Alone")
4. Solus Christus ("Christ Alone")
5. Soli Deo Gloria ("Glory to God Alone")

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Solas

'Originally Posted by rjcruiser
Ahhh....this explains everything I need to know about your religion."

Ahhh, Another non-Catholic "explains everything" he
THINKS he knows about the Catholic Faith - That
is to say NOTHING! :rofl::rofl:

There are a few problems here.
We will start with #2. Sola Fide ("By Faith Alone")

Romans 3:28 Properly translated reads: (NAB)
3:28 For we consider that a person is justified by faith apart from works of the law.

Luther Added The Word "Alone" to Romans 3:28?
Have you ever been in a discussion in which it was asserted that Martin Luther added words to the Bible? Here Are Some "choice" comments from the depths of cyber-space:

"Martin Luther ADDED words to the Bible that were not there. When he was confronted with this sin of adding to the Bible he replied: "Bacause Dr. Martin Luther will have it so!" This man was one ego-maniac with delusions of popehood."

Source: http://www.saint-mike.org/apologetics/qa/Answers/Defending_Faith/p0304090025.html

"Romans 3:28 states, "Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith apart from the deeds of the law" (NKJV). Martin Luther, in his German translation of the Bible, specifically added the word "allein" (English 'alone') to Romans 3:28-a word that is not in the original Greek. Martin Luther reportedly said, "You tell me what a great fuss the Papists are making because the word alone in not in the text of Paul…say right out to him: 'Dr. Martin Luther will have it so,'…I will have it so, and I order it to be so, and my will is reason enough. I know very well that the word 'alone' is not in the Latin or the Greek text" (Stoddard J. Rebuilding a Lost Faith. 1922, pp. 101-102; see also Luther M. Amic. Discussion, 1, 127). This passage strongly suggests that Martin Luther viewed his opinions, and not the actual Bible as the primary authority--a concept which this author will name prima Luther."

Source: http://www.cogwriter.com/luther.htm

"By September 1522, Luther had translated the New Testament into his version of the German Bible. It is to be noted that Luther taught a false doctrine that man was saved by faith alone, and upon his own recognizance and without any authority, he added the word "alone" to Romans 3:28, ... thereby ignoring all of the verses which admonish anyone not to add to or take away from, the Holy Word of GOD. He displayed his inflated ego and total arrogance, when he wrote the following regarding his addition:"If your Papist annoys you with the word (alone), tell him straightway, Dr. Martin Luther will have it so: Papist and (a.ss) are one and the same thing. Whoever will not have my translation, let him give it the go-by: the devil's thanks to him who censures it without my will and knowledge. Luther will have it so, and he is a doctor above all the doctors in Popedom."Amic. Discussion, 1, 127. Demonizing again! My My, tsk tsk, such language Dr Luther, and didn't he elevate himself above everyone on earth?This is the example set by the first Protestant, for his version of the command of Jesus Christ of, "Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself" (Matthew 22:36-40)."

Source: http://home.inreach.com/bstanley/luther.htm

"...Luther insists on his own (in effect) absolute infallibility. In defending his addition of the word "alone" to Romans 3:28 ("faith alone"), Luther railed: Thus I will have it, thus I order it, my will is reason enough . . . Dr. Luther will have it so, and . . . he is a Doctor above all Doctors in the whole of Popery. (O'Connor, 25; Letter to Wenceslaus Link in 1530)One wonders whether Luther uttered these absurd sentiments with a smile on his face, or with tongue in cheek. In any event, such boastful, essentially silly and foolish rhetoric is not uncommon in Luther's voluminous writings."

Source: http://ic.net/~erasmus/RAZ407.HTM

The arguments above are fairly simple: Luther simply inserted the word “alone” into Romans 3:28. Luther is painted as outrageous- he shows a total disregard for the sacred text, simply making it say what he wanted it to.
Read Up!:p
:pop:

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
so i guess you have heard of these wonderful famous teaching???

Primacy of Peter
oral tradition
deuterocanon
catechism
council or trent
vatican 1
vatican 2
council of florence
donation of pepin
edict of milan

need i go on?

Jesus gave us "concepts" in the Bible. Such as the concept of the "Bible", "trinity", "homsexuality", etc.. The word Bible is not in the Bible so I guesst the Bible is not real? The concept of Sola Scriptura is IN the Bible. All of the Solas are clear in the Bible....

Please read 2 thess 2:7-12 and realize that if you do not turn to the truth, you may be blinded in deception forever... God bless you.

Im not Catholic, but I have some friends that are. Save your self alot of typing and just say you dont like Catholics, your not making a very good Biblical argument at all.

P

PJason

Does not the Word of God say take this and eat it this is my body, Does not the Word of God say take this and drink this is my blood
Does it not say in the Word of God that many that day could not believe what He was saying. How can this man give us His body to eat and His blood to drink, and they turned away from Him. Why did Christ not stop them a say "no wait you do not understand I did not mean really you would do this", remember through the rest of the Gospels Christ or the writers explain His parables or metaphors but not here, why because this was no parable or metaphor it means just what it says. Yes it is a hard teaching but the beauty of the Eucharist makes it much easier. So does Christ go after those leaving, No. Instead, He turned to St. Peter and ask if he to would leave, St. Peter did not ask for an explaination he simply believed that somehow this was possible. "To whom shall we go" note how St. Peter is speaking for all the Apostles he was the chef amoung them, " You have the words of eternal life"

bmpique,

I truly believe that you miss the Eucharist and long to be back home. You seem to be in a place of deep hate right now but all of your apologizing really speaks to you longing to come home.

Below is a web address for you to consider.

http://www.catholicscomehome.org/

I will continue to pray for you.

Last edited:

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
I have a wife, 3 babies, 2 jobs, go to church 2/3 times a week and want to hunt at any opportunity... I can assure you that time is not on my side. I love God and seeking Him and finding Him has been an awesome experience. I would love to see many more experience the same. Everyone needs to experience salvation and being set free by the Truth of Jesus... I do HATE to see people bound up in a religion that could take them to the pit... Forgive me that the Hosy Spirit has given me a great passion for reaching the lost... I guess that i am a terrible person.

little secret, win the person as a friend first, and remember you cant clean the fish till you get it in the boat.

Big7

The Oracle
Properly Translated - In English !

THIS POST IS EXACTLY WHY CATHOLICS MUST BE WITNESSED TO... This is a true and true catholic who thinks like 90% of all other catholics. God bless this man, for he is a true catholic.

first of all:
you cannot get it right at all. men are incapable of getting anything right... its called the "total depravity of man". You can do NOTHING to get your way into heaven. God looks at you works and sees "filthy rags"... We are all filthy rags in the eyes of the Lord. Only when we accept Jesus Christ and are born again FOR A SECOND TIME.... will we ever become a righteous in the eyes of the Lord. I TRULY pray for you dorkman. You do not understand the dangers that you are in right now. According to the Word of God (not me...) if you died right now you would go to the pit b/c you refuse to be "born again"... Jesus told Nicodemus that you MUST be born again, yet you say that you don't need to be born again... You sure do have a big set of coullions to tell the Almighty Lord that you are over and above His commandments... My heart breaks for you and your lack of knowledge of the Bible... Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word of God.... (notice that faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word of God and NOT the mass, eucharist, wafers, wine, priests, mary, nuns, purgatory, sacraments, works, etc, etc,

My prayers are with you to gain knowledge of the Bible. hosea 4:6 God says,"my people perish from a lack of knowledge..." let me translate that for you... IF YOU DO NOT GET RIGHT WITH GOD, THE WAY HE WANTS YOU TO, BY REPENTING, TURNING FROM YOUR SINS AND BEING BAPTIZED THEN YOU WILL LIKLEY DIE IN YOUR SINS....

Not my opinion, just straight out of the Bible...
My prayers are with you and every other lost soul who thinks that can work their way to Heaven...

Here's ONE of your problems.

John 3:3 (King James Version)
King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain

3Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

PROPERLY TRANSLATED - IN ENGLISH !

John 3:3 (NAB)
Jesus answered and said to him, "Amen, amen, I say to you, no one can see the kingdom of God without being born from above."

http://www.nccbuscc.org/nab/bible/john/john3.htm
READ UP! :pop:

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
Im not Catholic, but I have some friends that are. Save your self alot of typing and just say you dont like Catholics, your not making a very good Biblical argument at all.

No kidding....

Status
Not open for further replies.