Are you going shed hunting?

GRT24

I pulled cards Saturday in Hancock Co. Deveruex area looking at the turkey flock. As of this weekend we still had most still holding. After scrolling through about 4000 pics on about 4 cameras only seen two that had dropped.

00Beau

Most of mine in East Hancock still have both sides, found two small sheds last Saturday in one food plot and one side of last years shed just in woods from same plot.

Curtis

I go out every year in late February - early April and never find them. I have found several through the years while working on food plots, stands, scouting, general messing around in the woods, etc. later in the year but never during the spring drop.
Maybe this year?

Mark K

Banned
Went this evening and found three small sheds. Of course I’m walking small burnt pines so my finds are fairly easy. Anything that isn’t black is a shed, lol.

Hunter922

About mid March we will start roaming our properties looking. Still holding on in Cobb and Morgan for us...

Blackston

Look how high that rub on that tree in the back is

ucfireman

Wondered for 3 hours toady. Found 1 small shed. This has been my first year really looking. Found 1 matched set and 3 right sides.
To those that look every year, Do y'all usually see them at a little distance or when you are right on top of them?
The 2 bigger ones I found in the pasture I saw about 10-15 feet away. The other 3 I found I was right on top of. In privet/weeds about 6-18 inches tall.

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
Wondered for 3 hours toady. Found 1 small shed. This has been my first year really looking. Found 1 matched set and 3 right sides.
To those that look every year, Do y'all usually see them at a little distance or when you are right on top of them?
The 2 bigger ones I found in the pasture I saw about 10-15 feet away. The other 3 I found I was right on top of. In privet/weeds about 6-18 inches tall.

My buddy spotted a nice one well over a hundred yards away.
We watched him go to it and we never seen it till he picked it up and moved it.
We have called him eagle eye ever since.

Swamprat

Swamprat
Found a spike shed Saturday....thought I had stepped on a stick, looked down and had antler sticking out both sides of my boot. Dang thing is around 11" long.

The pedicle is funny looking though. part looks like shed, other part looks like busted out of his head but it was fresh. Thinking buck had an injury of sorts, skinny at base but gets fair mass half way up.

Will post up a pic in the next day or so.