Arrows wobbling

Soybean

QAD drop rest,
30 1/16 Ata
7 inch brace
No the string is not in the center of the timing hole timing hole like your pic shows, mine is more toward the string side of the hole.
Thanks for the help.

ok, specs seem to be ok. if the cable slighty off in the timing hole, you should be ok. the closer to center the better though. a tech should be able to fix that with some minor twisting/untwisting of cable and string. if the flight is as bad as you say, i suspect something else is going on though.

did this just start happening or has it always happened?

what kind of QAD, hdx? have you noticed any marks on your fletchings or the rest? we should rule out fletching/rest contact. QAD timing is a common issue.

BowanaLee

I have a Mathews Z7 been shot very little but out past 20 yards the nock end of arrow starts wobbling or going into circle and farther I shoot the bigger the circle it makes.
Does this make since? What causes this and how can it be fixed?

Thanks.

I feel for ya. Ain't much worst than a bad shooting bow during hunting season.
My guess is fletching contact but its impossible to say what your problem is with out seeing it.
Take it to your closest pro shop or friend with experience working on bows. Please post results too. Good luck !

deerslayer0369

I am not the only one who has seen it. Since you know so much why don't you ride up and see the impossible!

Man he was poking at ya no need to get the undies in a wad. By the way, Kris87 is one of the best guys on here when it comes to bow tuning. I know if I have an issue I can't resolve that I'm going straight to him. I will add that once the bow is "tuned" properly that I would check the rest for proper alignment...a walk back tune will give away a rest issue. Check out some of Levi Morgan's tuning vids on YouTube.

Grey Man

A paper tune will reveal if the arrow is out of alignment in flight and which direction it is bending/corkscrewing/whatever we are calling it. A walk back tune will reveal if that problem is consistent or changes over distance. I would start there. You can mess a lot of stuff up trying to fix the wrong problem.

deerslayer0369

A paper tune only gets it close bc of the distance or lack there of. A walk back tune is for the final adjustments. If his bow is in spec and paper tuned the next step would be a walk back tune, that's assuming there isn't a vane issue. Myself personally, I would take it to a shop to render the problem since I do not own a press.

watermedic

Before doing any paper or walkback tuning, make sure that there isn't any fletching contact and that the rest is timed properly.

Then move to paper or walkback tuning.

deadbox

I'm sure this is a long shot. But your not shooting the new nocturnal led nock are you? I've seen many with the new fin on it cause arrows to fly very erratic? If not it could just be your off on your form. I was having very bad arrow flight. Had my buddy watch me. He said pay more attention to my release. I sometimes take for granted it takes consistency and get over confident and just punch the trigger expecting it to hit its mark because I know I can.

Maybe everything I said was insignificant but it's my 1.5 cent