bands

rmcatcher

lets compare lanyards, Ive only got one band on my lanyard. a woody that came from butterfield michigan he was 11 years old he was my dogs first retrieve. (special day) lets here your band stats and stories.

muddy_feet

Banned
The only band I've seen was around a gooses neck. He was fly'in down the middle of the HWY 27 4lane b/w Bainbridge and Colquitt. He had a big purple'ish one.

jedisme

banded ringneck flew 1500 miles in 4 months. almost fell out of the boat when i saw he was banded.
oh yea muddy feet he was killed on my side of the lake!! how did you let that one get by you???:whip:

muddy_feet

Banned
jedisme said:
banded ringneck flew 1500 miles in 4 months. almost fell out of the boat when i saw he was banded.
oh yea muddy feet he was killed on my side of the lake!! how did you let that one get by you???:whip:

Don't wanna hijack the thread

Well, I guess you FLA boys are a better shot,....I thought ya'll just hunted coots, :rofl:

Gonna buy my season FLA lic. this year, the whole lake is mine for the taking......:whip: Going to Apalach to get me a pintail. Also got invited to shoot a guys deer camp (Perry area), they don't duck hunt and it's got 4 ponds.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
First band, Thanksgiving day, 2002, Quantico, VA. Banded, Manitoba, Canada. 3 yrs old.
rewardband.jpg

Day after Thanksgiving 2002, Quantico, VA. Ontario Canada, 7 yrs old.
2ndband.jpg

WV, 2004, first goose band. Banded 100 miles from where it was harvested, age unknown.
bling.jpg

Last edited:

fulldraw74

My first band was a Jack Miner foundation band (Ontario, Canada) mallard killed in 1999 in Oconee County......

stev

Banned
my first band was on lanier on a goose.sent the numbers to the address.And the goose came from canada in manitoba.he was 5 yrs old.Its neat to get a tag it tells a story of where it started from and dates.They send ya a piece of paper with the history behind it.

GADAWGS

Opening day of early goose season two years ago, me and a buddy killed four, three of which were banded. I have my eye on two resident mallards right now, a hen and a drake, both of sportin jewelry. Just cant keep the breadcrumbs floatin long enough to get them in range.

SGaither

GADAWGS,
I know what you mean about can't keep the bread crumbs floating long enough. That's why I now keep a rod rigged with a heavy spinnerbait. Just kiddin, but I have thought about it. The only jewerly I have is the ring on my hand. I'm itching for that first band.

Nitro

Banned
Working lanyard

Here are some of mine..... The rest stay in the safe deposit box. If I added up all the money it took to get em, I would have retired a long time ago.........:rofl:

Attachments

• bands.jpg
    bands.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 88

jedisme

agarr said:
Here are some of mine..... The rest stay in the safe deposit box. If I added up all the money it took to get em, I would have retired a long time ago.........:rofl:
wheres the miner band?