Banned From Church

leroy

If the church rules forbid it then let them enforce their rules, its really none of anyones buisiness. With churches popping up all over the place that tickle the ear and cater more to what man wants a different church should not be hard for her to find.

if he came in and took it upon himself to change the by-laws then he is in the wrong. If it was voted on by the Church then she is in the wrong. A PReacher is still a man and can be wrong.

P

PJason

if he came in and took it upon himself to change the by-laws then he is in the wrong. If it was voted on by the Church then she is in the wrong. A PReacher is still a man and can be wrong.

It sounds like a church as democracy.

Is a church run as a democracy Biblical?

Branchminnow

GONetwork Senator Area 51
You MISSED the point, friend, if the preacher aint doin' what everybody wants then they can get rid of him. If he wont leave then they can vote him out. If that does not work then stop going he cant preach without a congregation. (well he could I guess) but if there is not anyone there to listen........well.....

One more thing majority rules, if the rest of the church doesnot agree with her then she is out of luck. If they are siding with her fine, change the rules. I pastor a church now that is VERY conservative, and the rules WILL be enforced. Thats the job of a pastor.

PWalls

I pastor a church now that is VERY conservative, and the rules WILL be enforced. Thats the job of a pastor.

I swear one of these days and hopefully before Jesus calls us up in the clouds I am going to hear you preach Greg and Lord help me I am looking forward to it.

Branchminnow

I swear one of these days and hopefully before Jesus calls us up in the clouds I am going to hear you preach Greg and Lord help me I am looking forward to it.

I aint much my friend I just go with the spirit and whats on my heart.

leroy

I just thank God to belong to a Church that is in harmony with each other and most important the good Lord. We may not always agree on everything but between us and prayer we seem to always work it out without any strife.

Branchminnow

I just thank God to belong to a Church that is in harmony with each other and most important the good Lord. We may not always agree on everything but between us and prayer we seem to always work it out without any strife.

Thats great news and thats probably so with alot of churches. But from time to time when one hard head meets another on an issue, be it doctrinal or otherwise a split will occur, I have seen it happen before, a few times growing up, but not in many years.

leroy

Thats great news and thats probably so with alot of churches. But from time to time when one hard head meets another on an issue, be it doctrinal or otherwise a split will occur, I have seen it happen before, a few times growing up, but not in many years.

there have been several in our town in the last 6-8 yrs

R

redneckcamo

wow did yall listen too the 911 calls .....just some dumb music what a joke ha ha ha

Dudley Do-Wrong

There is always another side to the story that the media doesn't tell. This article was obviously written to put Ms. Caskey in the part of the victim.
Exactly what I was thinking. The liberal media will literally jump at any chance to smear a conservative church. I'm sure there's a whole lot more to the story other than what was reported.

leroy

Just curious how many Church's here use a Deacon board or do they give all the power to the pastor. We have Deacons in my Church everything comes through them. We serve 3 yr terms then you have to be off a year. have to have been a member for 3 yrs, no close family such as father-son or brothers can serve at the same time. Nominated and elected by the Church

SBG

We have deacons, but we don't refer to them as a "board." They do meet and have certain responsibilities in governing the church, but the pastor is the board chairman...as a matter of fact, the pastor is the head of all boards...even the ladies auxillary.

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
Exactly what I was thinking. The liberal media will literally jump at any chance to smear a conservative church. I'm sure there's a whole lot more to the story other than what was reported.

I guarantee there is.

leroy

We have deacons, but we don't refer to them as a "board." They do meet and have certain responsibilities in governing the church, but the pastor is the board chairman...as a matter of fact, the pastor is the head of all boards...even the ladies auxillary.

we have 12 active or currently serving and elect officers including chairman out of those 12.

SBG

we have 12 active or currently serving and elect officers including chairman out of those 12.

Does your pastor sit on any of the boards?

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR

ramsey

Thats great news and thats probably so with alot of churches. But from time to time when one hard head meets another on an issue, be it doctrinal or otherwise a split will occur, I have seen it happen before, a few times growing up, but not in many years.[/QUOTE

"otherwise a split will occur"-- I've been split out of one church and "removed from the rolls" by another.---but---

I did not loose any friends. I think churches can be wrong. Weither governed by a board or pastor. I think your church friends can see both sides of the story. Ya'll really need to lighten up a little.