Baseball Cards

big buck down

I have a slue of Baseball cards and collectables. I am not rely interested in selling them now unless the price is write but how can I get a good idea of the value. It would take me forever to look all of them up and the autographs and placks I have no idea how to price them. Jest wondering.

Thanks,
BBD

dutchman

Get yourself the lastest issue of the Beckett Baseball Card price guide and work fast! On most of the cards you price in that magazine, you can just about divide by 2 or 3 to get the price you can expect somebody will pay you.

As with anything that people collect, especially something like a piece of cardboard that has no intrinsic value, it is worth only what someone will pay you for it. take it from someone who had that bug for too many years.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
I agree with Dutchman. Beckett will give you an idea of value, but what you get for a card is dependant on what the person you are dealing with is willing to give. Most of the cards I ever sold were about half what Beckett had listed, but I was satisfied. I bought a near prefect Maddox Rookie card at less than half Beckett's low end price. I am thinking of getting this card graded and slabbed.

Dudley Do-Wrong

I believe that Beckett's provides an inflated value, at least when I collected I held this belief. If it's still around, Tuff Stuff had a more realistic value. I've got a lot of cards, some good 50's era that I may be getting rid of before too long. Basically, they are worth what folks will pay for them

Bone Collector

The Beckett price guide is a good source for prices. However, if you go to a card shop they will generally pay you only half of the listed value. Therefore, it's best to sell to individuals. Most often you will get the most money at card shows. Some people specialize in certain players and will also pay more to attain them.

BC