Chronograph recommendations please?

rmp

It’s still chilly out but had to go burn some powder. I took my 6BRA, Manbun, and Kimber 308. When it’s cold, few like to go shoot so it’s almost a guarantee having the range to yourself, so that was my pick this morning.

The Garmin is stupid simple to operate and very small. Pairs with the phone in no time for your data.

Power up. Select toy of choice.

IMG_7769.jpeg

Select velocity range

IMG_7770.jpeg

Follow instructions for positioning

IMG_7771.jpeg

That’s it.

IMG_7772.jpeg

The Garmin never missed a shot. You can pause a session and start another if you want to pick it back up later. Everything is grouped together on the device for review or sent to your phone automatically if paired.

It’s tiny. IMG_7768.jpeg

Easily reviewed in the App, add notes, etc. Just click and review anything in each session. I’m sold on it.

IMG_7779.png

Last edited:

Steven037

I have a couple of buddies that just picked these up. I have feeling I’ll be selling my magnetto speed real soon. They are sweet. We use them for PRS22 and they pick up all the shots even with a bunch of people on the firing line.

Reactions: rmp

menhadenman

It’s still chilly out but had to go burn some powder. I took my 6BRA, Manbun, and Kimber 308. When it’s cold, few like to go shoot so it’s almost a guarantee having the range to yourself, so that was my pick this morning.

The Garmin is stupid simple to operate and very small. Pairs with the phone in no time for your data.

Power up. Select toy of choice.

View attachment 1273815

Select velocity range

View attachment 1273816

Follow instructions for positioning

View attachment 1273828

That’s it.

View attachment 1273819

The Garmin never missed a shot. You can pause a session and start another if you want to pick it back up later. Everything is grouped together on the device for review or sent to your phone automatically if paired.

It’s tiny. View attachment 1273823

Easily reviewed in the App, add notes, etc. Just click and review anything in each session. I’m sold on it.

View attachment 1273829
Man you're gonna make me want to sell my labadar now even though it's probably only a year old. This thing looks pretty slick. And the size is nice.

Reactions: rmp

Jester896

Senior Clown
I was reading another reviewer that has issues with his Lab picking up suppressed fire at times. He set the Garmin up next to it and it picked up the ones the Lab missed.

I didn't see a trigger in his setup for the Lab, so I'm guessing he was relying on the built in trigger.

rmp

I met up with a friend today to do some shooting. He wanted to check out the chronograph and function test a 300 BO he put together.

He shot his .308 and 300 BO, both suppressed, and it got them all. I see a purchase in his future.