Best cell camera deal?

Fork Horn

We’ve been using a Tactacam (we only have one cell camera) with unlimited photos for $13 per month. A friend has a Muddy, which seems to do a good job. Their unlimited plan is $20, I believe, but their smaller packages are less than what I’m paying for the Tactacam and still a lot of photos.

We’ve had two other Tactacam cameras destroyed by bear so once the one we have now gets destroyed, I might try the Muddy.

I will say that I’ve been impressed with the Tactacam reception. We’ve had it pick up service in areas where our cell phones have difficulty.

Lilly001

I have the Tacticam and like it much.
It gets excellent connection in a very marginal area.
I use the solar battery and it’s been a “set and forget” experience.
It is the first, and only, cell camera I have.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
I've got 4 stealthcams. They work pretty well, just check placement location on your phone to make sure you get a signal. Sam's club has them on sale now for $75 each. They typically come with an SD card in the package. They are probably considered the low-end cell camera, but I've had good luck with mine. I usually turn on the service plan at the beginning of the season, and turn it off at the end, so end up paying for 3 months. I've found getting the 'unlimited' plan is the best way to go if you run more than one camera, and if you have a lot of activity.

Howard Roark

Retired Moderator
I have 7 tactacams. Great customer service.

Grunt-n-bleat

I have 8 Tactacam Reveals. Have been with them exclusively for 4 years. Good cameras, if you take heed to their recommendations on batteries and SD cards.

shdw633

I have 5 Tactacam's and love them all. They run 24/7 and I have 2 original Tactacams still out in the woods working today on Moultrie solar panels.