Best clover

gitrdone150

What's the best perennial clover to plant in the south?

Been trying to research what to plant and get my heart set on one type then read that it doesnt do so good in summer. So what has the best shot to last through the south Georgia summers

Last edited:

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
I prefer a blend instead of a single type of clover.I am in west central Ga. i planted duranna.ladino and medium red. I also overseed with crimson and wheat each fall.It gives the wildlife browsable forage 10 months of.the year

Triple C

I've had exceptional luck with Regal Graze Ladino over the past 4 years. Started using durana with it in fall of 2017. Like Crak...I overseed each fall with a cereal grain. If we have decent rain like we did this past summer, the ladino for sure, and I assume the durana, will pump out clover all summer long.

CF2015

I used a blend of Duranna, Regal Graze and Osceola this fall. I'm curious to see what it looks like come turkey season.

Triple C

What's the best perennial clover to plant in the south?

Been trying to research what to plant and get my heart set on one type then read that it doesnt do so good in summer. So what has the best shot to last through the south Georgia summers

1st 2 pics of clover taken in mid summer - Aug 5th, and last pic was taken Dec 31st. Pretty much year round food source provided we get moisture in the summer like we did this past summer. Regal Graze ladino and durana.
Aug 5 clover.jpgAug 5 clover III.jpg
Dec 31st.jpg