Best Lake Trout Fishing in Georgia

I’d try Commerce watershed or Oconee either one for some lake trouts, me and TP used to kill em there

About a month ago I caught hatchery trout out of seed. Someone had to have stocked some. Unless they somehow got through Burton dam.
I believe there are some trout streams that feed into Seed and with all that rain we had last month, I wonder if maybe some got washed in. They did have flood gates open on Burton too so it's possible that some flowed in that way too. I should say that to my knowledge, they don't stock trout in Seed or Rabun, but I have not actually asked DNR. j-seph...did you ask Anthony if they put any in Seed and Rabun...I'm curious now. I think I'll be dunking some minnows on Burton this weekend.

Thread starter #24
I’d try Commerce watershed or Oconee either one for some lake trouts, me and TP used to kill em there
I caught my limit at Oconee, there were not any below 2 pounds and I am looking for those stocker size but don't wanna walk the creek banks with the snakes and ticks...............they skeerrr me.

Thread starter #25
Seed and Rabun do not get stocked by DNR however he said that one gets trout from inflow that are stocked by GA Power and one gets them from some home owners that stock them

Was up this weekend, but primarily just trolled for bass...did pretty well. We did spend a couple hours downlining minnows and trolling with down riggers on Sat morning for trout, but had no takers. Spoke with a guy that caught a good size rainbow trolling earlier in the week...6lb range he said...so there are some in there. Kinda like the walleye analogy by Treecutter...far and few between I'm afraid.

I'd heard of the Hellbender before, but after reading this post I Googled it to learn more about it. The Wiki article says they can grow up to 29". Has anybody ever seen one that big? I'd drop my fishing stuff and run if I saw that in a trout stream.

Both males and females grow to an adult length of 24 to 40 cm (9.4 to 15.7 in) from snout to vent, with a total length of 30 to 74 cm (12 to 29 in), making them the third-largest aquatic salamander species in the world (after the Chinese giant salamander and the Japanese giant salamander) and the largest amphibian in North America.[15] An adult weighs 1.5 to 2.5 kg (3.3 to 5.5 lb), making them the fourth heaviest living amphibian in the world after their Chinese and Japanese cousins and the goliath frog, while the largest cane toads may also weigh as much as a hellbender.

I'd heard of the Hellbender before, but after reading this post I Googled it to learn more about it. The Wiki article says they can grow up to 29". Has anybody ever seen one that big? I'd drop my fishing stuff and run if I saw that in a trout stream.

Both males and females grow to an adult length of 24 to 40 cm (9.4 to 15.7 in) from snout to vent, with a total length of 30 to 74 cm (12 to 29 in), making them the third-largest aquatic salamander species in the world (after the Chinese giant salamander and the Japanese giant salamander) and the largest amphibian in North America.[15] An adult weighs 1.5 to 2.5 kg (3.3 to 5.5 lb), making them the fourth heaviest living amphibian in the world after their Chinese and Japanese cousins and the goliath frog, while the largest cane toads may also weigh as much as a hellbender.
I’ve seen some that big, and likely some bigger. Don’t see as many as I used to, though.