Bird Bull Cross

eddevelasco

I am excited about the cross of the pups just born. Out of two of my hog dogs. Sire European Hungarian Vizsla game crazy. Will put teeth on a hog. Excellent at finding them can run all day. Dam Alano Español my catch dog. She is a RCD. Expecting this type of cross to have more running ability than some of the Pointer Pitt crosses I have hunted with. Does anyone have experience with the versatile Continental bird dog crossed on the Bulldog or RCD type dogs?

Attachments

• Resized_20220113_122732.jpeg
    Resized_20220113_122732.jpeg
    331 KB · Views: 115
  • Resized_20220113_125828.jpeg
    Resized_20220113_125828.jpeg
    241.4 KB · Views: 121
  • 20220113_133754.jpg
    20220113_133754.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 117
  • 20220113_133802.jpg
    20220113_133802.jpg
    321.7 KB · Views: 116
  • 20220113_133458.jpg
    20220113_133458.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 107

REDMOND1858

Never heard of a Hungarian Vizsla. Looks a little houndish. Is he mouthy on track? Any pics of the pups? I’m curious

Blackston

Close enough looks good
He was very driven , Good nose , and GRITTY, He could shut one down that didn’t want to bay !! I made some terrible life decisions and ended up giving my pack away ( Them boys loved BIRD DOG) Bird Bull is a good cross !!

sghoghunter

He was very driven , Good nose , and GRITTY, He could shut one down that didn’t want to bay !! I made some terrible life decisions and ended up giving my pack away ( Them boys loved BIRD DOG) Bird Bull is a good cross !!

I know a lot of folks that love a bird/bull cross but me I’d rather have a bull/hound cross. All the bird cross’s I’ve seen were closer range or as I call it good walk dogs.

Blackston

I know a lot of folks that love a bird/bull cross but me I’d rather have a bull/hound cross. All the bird cross’s I’ve seen were closer range or as I call it good walk dogs.
If he was a good walk dog nobody told him lol , He was actually a little rangey for me , Huntin rice fields is a different can of worms

eddevelasco

That is exactly what I want. There are areas that I hunt on foot in the mountains that I don't want to use my Plotts. Some don't have roads or are smaller areas near roads.

back_woods

Good looking pups and I would think the cross will be exactly what your looking for. I aswell gave my dogs up once we found out we had a little girl on the way, at the time I couldn't imagine keeping time to hunt them. Now 8 years later that little girl is ate up with hunting and is always asking if daddy will get hog dogs again so she can go.

Blackston

Pups are 4 weeks old today. I love their boldness.
If you can keep ‘em till they are 10 months old you should be able to tell which ones are worth feedin …. I’ve found it hard to pick a pup from an unproven cross , I always ended up letting my buddy or a cousin of a cousin have the jam up dog and ended up with a pretty dog !!( just my opinion) …. And oh yea them pups is purty !!!

eddevelasco

If you can keep ‘em till they are 10 months old you should be able to tell which ones are worth feedin …. I’ve found it hard to pick a pup from an unproven cross , I always ended up letting my buddy or a cousin of a cousin have the jam up dog and ended up with a pretty dog !!( just my opinion) …. And oh yea them pups is purty !!!
That is why I am getting them in the hands of experienced houndsmen. I will keep 2.

eddevelasco

Update: got videos sent to me of 3 baying a hog at 10 weeks old. The 3 are with an experienced hog hunter down in South Georgia. He loves them. All the others same reports. They all went to experienced houndsmen.

oldways

That's great news I have a litter of bmc/plot on the ground right now just turned 6weeks old. they are cracker bred

Redman54

Update: got videos sent to me of 3 baying a hog at 10 weeks old. The 3 are with an experienced hog hunter down in South Georgia. He loves them. All the others same reports. They all went to experienced houndsmen.
Can you post some recent pics?? I would love to see what they look like as grown dogs. We had a litter of English Pointer/American Bull when I was a kid. They were great dogs, they weren't silent on trail, but didn't bark either. It was more of a whining sound.

Blackston

Hi there, Does anyone know how this breeding went? Sounds really interesting.

God bless you!!!

Latest posts