Birth of a Box Stand

sid52j

Jim Boyd

Nicely done

We have a few similar, one of which has sapling elms grown up all around it.

I hate to think of the deer we have seen and shot from that stand.

Well done, sir.

swamp hunter

I just love building stuff...looks good !

Grub Master

I assume there is a solar panel on the roof and a small refrigerator with a lazy boy.
Nice looking stand

PappyHoel

Looks great! Bet you get a nice deer out of it. Now you need to put some creature comforts on the inside.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Very nice! :clap:

HarryO45

Mag dump Dirty Harry
Looks really cool. I have never hunted a box stand. Maybe one day. Why do you have the stands box high enough to stand in. It seems that if you where standing you would not be able to see out the windows (is it so you could see deer standing next to the base). It seems that you would spend most time sitting and waiting and being very quiet. Would it be just as effective to have a low ceiling, save materials?

Btw, your stands look very safe. I have seen some that I would be afraid to climb into.

Rick Alexander

Looks awesome

Plenty of room for creature comforts in there on those really cold days. One suggestion - and I'm sure you've already addressed it but just in case - as tall as those walls are I'd make darn sure to anchor that puppy down really good. No tent spikes here - at least a good 18 - 24 inch ground spike on two sides and all 4 corners tied with cable. You would be amazed how strong the wind can be on those flat surfaces. DAMHIK

BeerThirty

That is really cool, nice job. Building me one of those as well, but debating if I should sink the posts in the ground or use those metal post anchors like you used. Feel sturdy?

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Very nice sid. Prefab at home is the way to go!

Triple C

A job well done! Very nice. elfiii made need to call you in to service the next time he does a renovation job at his camp.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
A job well done! Very nice. elfiii made need to call you in to service the next time he does a renovation job at his camp.

The next time it gets hired out for real money.:bounce:

Dr. Strangelove

That bad boy looks great! I'd put a cot in it and little shelf just the right size for a Coleman stove, and sleep right there so I didn't have to wake up so early. When I woke up I'd put a percolator of coffee on, make a little bacon and eggs with toast. Mmmm Mmmm.

Come to think of it, I'd put a porch on it so I could put my Big Green Egg on it and to have somewhere to pee off of. You could have the ultimate tree-house we all wanted as a kid!