New Box stand build

I am building another 5x5 box stand. This one is 6’3 to the top of the roof inside. the walls are also 5 foot high. I ripped 5 1/4 boards in half and ripped off the rounded edges. I used these as my framing studs and roof joists and door frames.
The windows are 31 inches from the floor to the bottom of the window opening. I built A frame for the window cut outs and put them on hinges. The window openings are 12 inch tall by I think 52 inches wide. It has a 24 inch wide door. I put 5 1/4 board in the window openings for a shooting rest. I sanded them and rounded the corners so no splinters or ruff edges. I will have small window support arms screwed to the windows. This will support the window at a TBD opening once the box is up. I will be Able to unscrew one end of them and screw the windows shut in the off season. The floor is built outta pressure treated 2x6. I used 5 1/4 boards for the decking. I used 7/16 osb on the wall frames.
The legs will be 12 foot 4x4 with 16 foot 2x4 for diagonal bracing. I will use 2x6 for the stairs going up to the box. This will give me a window height of about 15 feet from the ground. I painted the outside with exterior gliden paint + primer.
The entire stand is built outta all pressure treated with the exception of the plywood on the walls and roof. It will have a tin roof once we erect it. Here are the pics of the build progress to the point I am at now70447741616__CCEE2840-0B86-4AF9-88E0-F3F31EC21B84.jpegIMG_2879.pngIMG_2693.jpegIMG_2692.jpegIMG_2694.jpegIMG_2937.jpegIMG_2939.jpegIMG_2940.jpegIMG_2941.jpegIMG_2944.jpeg

Blackston

It’s a tiny house !!!!!nice !!!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
It looks great but I bet getting that roof up on it is going to be a challenge.

It looks great but I bet getting that roof up on it is going to be a challenge.
Yeah they are. The last one was just like it and it was a bear. Two people in the platform one pushing it up the latter and two people providing support with 2x4s from the ground.. I doubt I will build anymore like this in the future. I will go back to the flat roofs. Just raise the front and back wall higher for more head room to stretch the ole legs and in and out stuff

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Can’t wait to see it in the woods! It’ll be around a long long time for sure! Nice work!