Blackshear Night Fishing

wchance

Greetings! I am planning to night fish for crappie on Lake Blackshear using submerged lights. I usually put my 17' Tracker boat in at the Veteran's Park but, to be honest, have not found any really good locations yet. I do have Navionics on my Depthfinder so can follow the channel. Would anyone be willing to share one of your locations? I do not want to to know all your locations - just one for a starting spot. :) Been looking for brushpiles near the channel. Just thought I would ask.

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
Mouth of Cedar Creek and between the RR trestle and 280 bridge

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
Instead of looking for brush piles near the channel, I'd search for them in the middle of coves where the water is 10-20 feet. Folks usually put them in places that are easier to fish than deep in mid channel. Just my opinion.

ALOT of brush piles along the river channel at Blackshear. Some man made, most are natural from the river flow.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
ALOT of brush piles along the river channel at Blackshear. Some man made, most are natural from the river flow.
And I know where quite a few are on the south end of the lake from back when that whole arm was dry after the flood of 94. There's a few docks down there with piles of concrete debris right out in from of them that will be there forever. ;)