Boat Ramp Rant

JodyP

That would frustrate me... With my smaller boat I used to pull it back up the ramp while my buddy packed truck because he might flip boat trying to get in at dock! I think u saw me do that once.... however, boats ready before we back down ramp!

shallowminded

Snowflakes / Democrats.... Can't fix stupid :flag:

This is a fishing forum. Can't we keep the political bullcrap out of here? We are exposed to it all day, everyday. And besides, I am pretty sure I have seen my share of Trumppets trying to figure out how to get their engines going while others wait for them. Stupid is bipartisan.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
This is a fishing forum. Can't we keep the political bullcrap out of here? We are exposed to it all day, everyday. And besides, I am pretty sure I have seen my share of Trumppets trying to figure out how to get their engines going while others wait for them. Stupid is bipartisan.

First you want it gone then you add to it. How well do you think that is going to work?facepalm:

AllTerrainAngler

I recently moved to a BIG boat as my buddies call it. Its a 24' and i wasn't 100% in my ability to back it in efficiently. I took it to houlihan and waited for everyone else to launch so I didn't interfere. It was a pretty fast launch but out of respect for others I waited a minute. As a bass tournament guy i HATED people with bad etiquette at the ramp.

Apex Predator

Saw a guy putting his boat in Monday who was struggling to get things together. When he finally got it running and backed off the trailer the trailer started floating with the current and he was headed into the dock pilings. As he gave it gas and whipped it around he ran over his trailer! LOL

Mako22

BANNED
Nothing worse than pulling up early before daylight to a ramp and find a bass tournament group sprawling all over the ramp and parking lot. Talk about ruining a day!

Riplukelee

If anybody put in an Houlihan to watch the river street fireworks via the Savannah river then you know how insane a boat ramp can be AT NIGHT!! I got there to put the boat in at 8:45 and surprisingly there was no wait but the parking lot was full so I had to park up on hwy 17. After the finale I floored it back to the ramp and was able to get my wife, kids, truck, boat, and trailer out of there safely ... it was quickly turning into a madhouse!!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
LOL, you guys crack me up.

Wish you guys would come up to Indiana and use our ramps more. I'd love to see what happens when you run in to the illegals who can't decide if that's a free bath tub or a once sided cement swimming pool and you have to wait on them to round up all their ducks out of the way in between boats launching.

Those docks next to the cement beach you are using to launch boats is there for them to fish on ya know.

That is not restricted to Indiana by any means. Plenty of that down here, too.

jocko755

The ramp I use on Lanier, the jet ski's use it as their private beach, with a ton of people hanging out taking turns on the jet ski. They get out of my way when I back down the ramp!

Yeah, there's always drama and entertainment at a weekend boat ramp.

Latest posts