Browning Maxus 2

rab1951

I got a Maxus 2 this week and wanted to know what those of you who have 1 found to be the best brand choke tube for it? I know the general answer " need to pattern your gun" but i would like to narrow it down a little so I dont have a bunch of expensive tubes that I wont use. I'll be shooting both steel and bismuth. Thanks for the help.

ilbcnu

I've been using kicks high flyer and couldn't be happier. Made here in Georgia too

Darkhorse

I have a Maxus 1, the original shotgun. I haven't shot it much and all I use is the factory choke tubes. They seem to work well.

rab1951

I compared the factory tubes to Carlson Cremator tubes. I fired several different manufactures shells and with each one the factory tubes had a higher percentage of pellets in a 30" circle than the Carlson tubes. The highest was 90% with the factory full using Boss #4 bismuth. The highest with steel shot was 87% with the factory mod using Kent Fasteel #2 1300fps

deast1988

If you chase turkeys, the pattern master code black turkey and a longbeard XR shell shines in that set up.

I like a modified and Boss #4s for ducks