BULLPIN! What bullpin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DannyW

Been a regular Braves watcher since they came to Atlanta and I don't recall an offensive outburst even close to what they have done the last couple of weeks....the only out in the lineup is the pitcher and even they have consistently been putting down bunts and moving the runners up a base.

Sooner or later one or more are going to slump but until then it's bombs away....I assure you that no one, not even the mighty Dodgers, wants to see Atlanta on their upcoming schedule right now.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Let bring ole Coweta native Will Smith back home.... I've met him before, he's not the San Fran type anyway

biggdogg

Let bring ole Coweta native Will Smith back home.... I've met him before, he's not the San Fran type anyway

Him, Shane Greene and Brad Hand are at the top of AA's shopping list. I would imagine Hand tops that list seeing as how they wanted him last year when San Diego made him available and he is one of the top closer's in the AL this season.

BornToHuntAndFish

Mets' deGrom poured cold water on Braves' hot streak & was too much for our bats until Freddie & Josh delivered back-to-back HR's in the 9th to break the shutout which was the 8th time this season to have back-to-back dingers.

Sorry to see Teheran's good pitching streak come to an end tonight with bullpen giving up almost as many hits & runs.

Time = 1:28

Time = 2:07

26-seconds, Freddie's 20th HR

27-seconds, Josh's 13th HR

Coenen

Mets had a team meeting before the game, probably just DeGrom telling them if they didn't score some dang runs he was going to start feeling some elbow pains.

biggdogg

Great pitching will almost always stop a great offense. Luckily, there aren't very many guys like deGrom in the NL. Julio came completely unraveled in the 3rd inning over an inconsistent strike zone and never got himself composed again. The Mets took full advantage of it. Hopefully he gets back on track next start.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Mets had a team meeting before the game, probably just DeGrom telling them if they didn't score some dang runs he was going to start feeling some elbow pains.

It's a good thing Teheran was in the mood to help him last night.

deGrom is the real deal. Why can't we have just one starter like him? Is that too much to ask?

biggdogg

deGrom is the real deal. Why can't we have just one starter like him? Is that too much to ask?

You never know. The next stud may be in the Braves system right now. The Mets drafted deGrom in the 9th round in 2010. Didn't get to the majors til 2014, at the ripe old age of 26... the vast majority of the Braves pitchers are 20-23 years old.

dirtnap

Would be awesome, but they ain’t many of him around. He’s had a un- DeGrom like start to the year, I think the Braves put about 6 on him earlier in the year, but he’s been getting back on track lately & he’s capable of putting one of them like he did last night on ya at any time. I love watching an elite pitcher on his A game as much as anyone, long as it ain’t against the Braves ?

BornToHuntAndFish

Maybe Newcomb's head injury is more serious than expected with him now placed on the injured list, but of course this could just be a precautionary measure even though they initially delayed this move.

After last night dishing of humble pie to the Braves, hope they get back to winning momentum.

https://www.mlb.com/braves/news/sean-newcomb-placed-on-concussion-injured-list

Sean Newcomb placed on concussion IL

Braves on Wednesday placed Sean Newcomb on the 7-day concussion injured list four days after the left-handed pitcher was hit in the back of the head with a line drive.

22-seconds, Adam Duvall

Last edited:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Would be awesome, but they ain’t many of him around. He’s had a un- DeGrom like start to the year, I think the Braves put about 6 on him earlier in the year, but he’s been getting back on track lately & he’s capable of putting one of them like he did last night on ya at any time. I love watching an elite pitcher on his A game as much as anyone, long as it ain’t against the Braves ?

Last night they said so far this year he's had 3 double digit K games so far this year. I don't know how many he had last night. I gave up in the top of the 6th.

Coenen

Who played that Seven/Deuce?

Nice rebound for the Bravos.

dirtnap

Although I’m not completely sold on Keuchel, I’ll have to say I’m looking forward to seeing him pitch Friday. Maybe a change in leagues will fire him up

Coenen

Although I’m not completely sold on Keuchel, I’ll have to say I’m looking forward to seeing him pitch Friday. Maybe a change in leagues will fire him up
Guys coming from the American League usually see an initial jump in output. I'm not even sure I need him to be an "ace," just go out and be consistently above average. Sprinkle in a "great" start every now and then, and things will be fine.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten

Me either, but hopefully he surprised us. His last minor league start dont make me feel to go though.

Status
Not open for further replies.