Buying catfish to stock a pond

Fork Horn

I’m interested in buying some catfish to stock a pond. I’m located in Union county. Years ago I can remember brochures from hatcheries posted at feed stores but I haven’t seen this in years. Any suggestions about where I can buy some fish for my pond?

2dye4

We once followed a commercial fisherman on the Chattahoochee river that we got to know and got his culls in a 55 gal drum. Not sure if they even do that on rivers any longer.

greg_n_clayton

A guy I buy cheese bait from commercial catfishes. He is down below Roystonif you want is number.

jaybirdius

I'd love to stock my pond but the otters keep it cleaned out. Short of fencing the whole thing, I'm not sure what to do. I've run traps and everything else and they still keep coming.

2dye4

I'd love to stock my pond but the otters keep it cleaned out. Short of fencing the whole thing, I'm not sure what to do. I've run traps and everything else and they still keep coming.
You need to set some foot hold traps in their slides.

jaybirdius

My problem is the way my pond lays out, there's never one or two spots they use to get in. The whole perimeter is perfect access.

DannyW

Maybe post your problem on a fur trapper forum? Perhaps you could you find someone to do the job for you, or at least give you some tips and ideas.

Latest posts