C’mon Sweden

Hawken2222

I literally had a grin ear to ear when I heard about this!

Oldstick

Well I like girls soccer in general because it partially paid for my daughter's college expenses.

But that was back 15 years or so. So I am also glad to see some of the current team's members taken down a notch off their high horse this time. They tried to push their success a little too far on the leftist political side of things.

Hate it for the truly patriotic (and understandably silent) members of the team though.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Mrs. elfiii loves soccer, coached it for rec league kids and won championships. She's dancing with joy over the women's team getting their butts whipped.

That's pretty much the general reaction all across the fruited plain and it's organic, not some political machine send up, rent a mob, freak show.

georgia_home

Today I like the Swedish soccer team as much as the Swedish bikini team!

nice win ladies! Thanks for putting the wokies out of my misery!

i like both teams much better than the old Milwaukee beer the bikini team represented !

MudDucker

Staff member
You know, its sad that most of us pulled against the US team. Its sad that they were allowed to "represent us". I'm glad they got their rear ends handed to them and I hope they melt in their own tears!

DannyW

You know, its sad that most of us pulled against the US team. Its sad that they were allowed to "represent us". I'm glad they got their rear ends handed to them and I hope they melt in their own tears!
It IS sad.

This "woke" culture the democrats introduced a few years ago has gone much too far.

As you said...sad.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

Mrs. elfiii looked up what they get paid. Purportedly, their salary is around $35K/year and they get a % of the win purse. Since they lost they get $0.

Hoss

Just saw an article that had this breakdown of what they get paid. Yeah they are doing alright.
some USWNT math: the U.S. will take home $3.25 million for its round of 16 exit. that'll be added to the $13m the men’s team earned in qatar. 10% of the $16.25m total will go to U.S. soccer + the remaining $14.625m will be shared equally between both squads (~$298k per player),"