Camping?

GobbleAndGrunt78

Go every year on NF land with a group of friends. I look forward to that trip for months before we go. We chat on the phone more & more as the trip gets closer...each conversation intensifies in excitement and we probably sound like little kids before Christmas. We usually scratch out a bird or two, have some great meals, a few beverages in moderation, and plenty of stories, jokes, & poking fun at each other. It's friendships and memories like this, that make it so much fun. We are a light hearted group and always enjoy our trip. If anyone ever wants to join us, our campfire is always open to good people that share our addiction.

Toddmann

Go every year on NF land with a group of friends. I look forward to that trip for months before we go. We chat on the phone more & more as the trip gets closer...each conversation intensifies in excitement and we probably sound like little kids before Christmas. We usually scratch out a bird or two, have some great meals, a few beverages in moderation, and plenty of stories, jokes, & poking fun at each other. It's friendships and memories like this, that make it so much fun. We are a light hearted group and always enjoy our trip. If anyone ever wants to join us, our campfire is always open to good people that share our addiction.

That sounds like a great trip.

Covehnter

Alot. Always due to necessity though. . . and its on a cot in the back of the truck. Convenient when you're room is on wheels.

GobbleAndGrunt78

That sounds like a great trip.

It most definitely is!!!! And this year has an added bonus...my buddy bought a Feather Ridge mouth call press. So we'll be making calls at camp, then going out in the woods with them!

yellowhammer73

If you can call staying in a 34 foot camper with all the comforts of home camping..... Then yes every weekend of turkey and deer season. Sometimes just to get away from the house when nothing is in season.

Toddmann

It most definitely is!!!! And this year has an added bonus...my buddy bought a Feather Ridge mouth call press. So we'll be making calls at camp, then going out in the woods with them!

Camping, making calls and killing turkeys. I think you guys have it figured out.

GobbleAndGrunt78

Camping, making calls and killing turkeys. I think you guys have it figured out.

I'd never say I have turkey hunting figured out...always something to learn. But as far as our trip, yeah we have it figured out...just have fun and enjoy the time at camp and hunting.

Brianf

If you can call staying in a 34 foot camper with all the comforts of home camping..... Then yes every weekend of turkey and deer season. Sometimes just to get away from the house when nothing is in season.

Same here except mine is only 27 foot. Heat, AC, shower and satellite tv!

H

Hammer Spank

By the end of every year I will have camped at a pile of wmas between deer, bear, pig, and turkey hunting. And Im a member of two leases.

Love camping and public land!

valiant

Every weekend+++

We only live 13 miles from our club but the wife & I camp every weekend during deer & turkey season. Love it!!

Gaswamp

I tent camp usually 2 times each turkey season

KY Red

I moved to northern Illinois a couple years ago and have to travel south to hunt. I go light and camp by myself every season I draw a tag for.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**

This is how I do it. 3000 acres on the Oconee river. It's a year round thing for me and the family

Hookspur

I hunt from mid-March until the last days of May (or on into June in Maine some years), and camp every bit of it. If I plan to be someplace for a while I will set up my tent because I really like staying in one, but most of the time I sleep in my van. It's a Sprinter and is 6'2" tall inside, so I can stand upright....which is HUGE. None of that sleeping in the back of a pickup for me!