Chattahoochee or Coosa

Mistrfish

Is the runs still going for the whites and or Hybrids on both rivers. I want to take an old friend to catch a few. Ive fished on the river in Franklin but its a really long drive for me so a report for the hooch would be appreciated. The Cossa is closer for me but a long drive for my buddy so a report for it would be appreciated as well. Thanks

campboy

I haven't personally been on the coosa lately but I live close. This is a good time of year for stripers and catfish. Fish cutbait on the bottom and you will get bit

dang

DANG !!!
The Hooch is pretty much done for the year. I would not make a long drive to fish it.
Dustin you think the bulk of the fish hve started the move back down? I’ve been on the road the last two weeks…been debating with myself on where I wanna start my search tomorrow

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
Dustin you think the bulk of the fish hve started the move back down? I’ve been on the road the last two weeks…been debating with myself on where I wanna start my search tomorrow

Yeah, the hybrids are long gone. The stripers are a little different story. You aren't going to run into any numbers, but there are always some bigger fish that push on the May full moon. Most folks don't have the patience to fish for them, but you can be rewarded if you run into one.