Chop Fest: Braves GM Updates on Priorities, Trades, & Free Agents - Jan 2019

BornToHuntAndFish

Nice hearing more about Braves plans & futures.

Sounds like Top 2 free agents Harper & Machado getting their deals done 1st is the priority for teams before MLB off-season log jam is broken that frees up other players to get things moving along to find their homes for the coming baseball season.

Time = 6:10
Braves GM Alex Anthopoulos searching to improve club as 2019 spring training nears
Fox Sports South

4 hours ago

Published on Jan 19, 2019

Braves GM Alex Anthopoulos discusses improving the roster for the 2019 season, Josh Donaldson, the latest on the free-agent and trade markets and more.

AND

https://www.talkingchop.com/2019/1/...cusses-offseason-2019-season-braves-chop-fest

Alex Anthopoulos discusses offseason, 2019 season at Braves Chop Fest

Braves GM answered fan questions, discussed where the Braves are headed in 2019

Jan 19, 2019

anthopoulos1280_1040x572.0.jpg

AND

Time = 7:42
Atlanta Braves GM says club still discussing trades with other MLB teams
11Alive

3 hours ago

Published on Jan 19, 2019

Spring Training begins in less than a month for the Braves; and GM Alex Anthopoulos believes the club has the assets and payroll flexibility to improve the roster, either via trades or free agency.

AND

https://www.mlb.com/braves/news/braves-interested-in-adding-outfielder/c-302919528

Anthopoulos: Braves' focus is adding OF

GM keeping eye on a few key trade, free-agent targets

6:13 PM EST

cut.jpg

Patriot44

Banned
Was discussing Harper going to the Philly's yesterday with a guy when I said, "I hate him more than I hate any other baseballer"... and the guy I was talking to said, "well, I like him but I am friends with he and his dad, I coached him as a 9 and 10 year old.." Oooops. :bounce:

I like what they Braves are doing, keep that Farm system going strong!!!

Patriot44

Banned
We need some real bat pop and more shutdown pitching to contend.
I think the Bravo's need to pull the wallet out and get an All-Star pitcher. This team is too good at this early age to not give them some pitching.

biggdogg

There has been some talk that Kimbrel's price tag is slowly working it's way down into the Brave's price range. But the starters market isn't looking good. Keuchel is wanting too many years and the Indians want way too much at this point for Kluber. If they get another starter, it won't be the ace everyone is hoping for. At least not this season. Outfield also appears to be a bigger priority than starting pitching right now.

toyota4x4h

Got plenty of young starter arms to play with. Swap em in and out and see who’s got the best stuff. Soroka being the best. Starters isn’t our problem bullpen is. Maybe the new pitch coach will straighten them out. Offense looks good as is even if they decide to keep Markakis.

DannyW

As it stands today, January 21, the Braves are in trouble to repeat as MLB East champs. Everybody has improved more than the Braves,...except for Miami.

They still have time to keep pace with a couple of late additions, But I hope, and I think I am safe in predicting this, that neither Harper or Machado are in their plans.

Those two are club house cancers.

biggdogg

If I had to wager, I'd say a reunion with Markakis on a 1 or 2 year deal and possibly Kimbrel on a 3 year deal will be the only additions made before Spring Training. They will have quite a bit of financial flexibility at the trade deadline and into next off season.

biggdogg

And just like that, Markakis is back. 1 year, $4 mil deal with a $6 mil team option for 2020.

biggdogg

A heck of a deal for the Bravo's! You think we are going to score Kimbral?

From what I've been reading, it's a strong possibility. He hasn't had much interest at all this off season and the Red Sox have already said they aren't spending big on the pen at this point. He's been looking for a 5 year deal. AA has said if Kimbrel will come down to 3 years, they'll talk.