CocoMelon

Oldstick

This applies mainly to those that have very young children/grandchildren say 0 to 3 or so.

Confess. How many hours a week is your TV playing this show?

I'll state that it is on at least 8 or more hours per day for us, when our youngest granddaughter is visiting. Never even heard of it until less than 2 years ago after she was born.:ROFLMAO:

I guess the wheels never stop going round and round no matter what generation. :D

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
This applies mainly to those that have very young children/grandchildren say 0 to 3 or so.

Confess. How many hours a week is your TV playing this show?

I'll state that it is on at least 8 or more hours per day for us, when our youngest granddaughter is visiting. Never even heard of it until less than 2 years ago after she was born.:ROFLMAO:

I guess the wheels never stop going round and round no matter what generation. :D
The real question is...

How long do yall continue watching it after they leave? :rofl:

Ours, normal 2 to 4 hours. Usually had them in the creek fishing or catching lightning bugs.

Ours are older, but we would watch Transformers, Powder Puff Girls, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, kids movies, plus the old cartoons from our generation for a few hours after they left.

Oldstick

65, I'm usually ready for a good long snooze on the couch after a couple days when she gets picked up by Mama, or often I have to make an hour or more drive to meet up.

So if it is still playing then, I'm too lazy to turn channels. Makes some pretty good sleeping music, IMO.
It's already all stuck in my head by then anyway, so why fight it?

The older two grand kids that I always took fishing and catching tadpoles, etc. done got into the 6th grade and such playing school sports, etc., so I have to go see them now. Too boring to go visit Nana and PaPa's house for the time being.
:)

Last edited:

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I keep making the grandkids watch the outdoor channel. They like it now to. It’s better than the repeating a phrase deal.

TJay

We used to get subjected to CocoMelon and then they moved on to Mickey Mouse Funhouse. Watched a lot of Mickey while babysitting. Bluey is still my favorite.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Baby shark, doo, doo, da dooo

Or

That's what the fox says

Still haunts me

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
We used to get subjected to CocoMelon and then they moved on to Mickey Mouse Funhouse. Watched a lot of Mickey while babysitting. Bluey is still my favorite.
I agree, your a Bluey fan when you go see them live. :rofl:

One of the few kids shows left that teaches morals anymore.
IMG_1367.jpeg

Doug B.

Thankfully my 3 year old granddaughter likes to watch different things. When she was younger she was really hooked on Cocomelon and Bubble Guppies. She still wants to watch both of them occasionally but wants to watch other things too. Cocomelon almost makes me start leaving the house!!!! But she loves to watch Jay Jay! I let her cause, well, cause she means more to me than anything and that's what papaw's do!!!!!!!

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Ain't that the truth! Some kid shows show kids having two parents of the same sex!!! Ain't going to happen!!!!
I turned off some Disney Jr thing that had lesbian characters.

Stob

Useles Billy’s Uncle StepDaddy.
Yall are not going to believe this, but my son loved John and Kate Plus 8. I don't have grand kids yet but that is one show that I hated. My wife purchased the DVD's and he would watch them all day long every day until he was about 4.

Doug B.

I turned off some Disney Jr thing that had lesbian characters.
I have done that too! It's like a subliminal message to a child. And mine ain't going to get to see it on my watch!!! Thankfully my daughter, my granddaughters mom, won't let her watch it either!!!!

Oldstick

I agree, it turns my stomach to see some of the things our older grand kids are allowed to watch. Probably part of the reason they think Nana and PaPa are some kind of old relics.

So for now I am content with Coco Melon for the 2 year old. No controversial content whatsoever I have seen. Wheels on the Bus and Old McDonald's Farm and such.

Oldstick

Baby shark, doo, doo, da dooo

Or

That's what the fox says

Still haunts me
Grandpa shark
doo, doo, da dooo
is getting kind of sleepy now. She just left after 2 days of 24/7. :D

Still tears in my eyes though every time she has to leave.

Last edited:

oldfella1962

My youngest granchild liked CoCo Melon when she visited (for six weeks) about 18 months ago. She also like Nastia and some other shows with Ukranian kids & families with overdubs + sound effects in English.

Core Lokt

There is a show called Mama's on one of the app channels. About animals in the African safari being raised by their mother. 7 month old is glued to it when it is on.

Never heard of coco whatever. I can say I am tired of hearing Ms. Rachel and her annoying voice. She is pretty smart I guess, she films all of her shows in her apartment and has made a lick.