Cold Feet

TurkeyKiller12

I need to find a way to prevent my feet from getting so cold during the colder parts of deer season. Mostly morning hunts. I've took precautions against sweating, I used merino wool liner with merino wool socks last year and feet still froze. Insulated boots don't work for me. I researched a heater body suit but that seems like an awful lot of trouble to tote around. Has anyone used boot blankets? I want something I can throw on as soon as I get to the stand and stay warm. I could hunt a lot longer if I could keep my feet warm.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I need to find a way to prevent my feet from getting so cold during the colder parts of deer season. Mostly morning hunts. I've took precautions against sweating, I used merino wool liner with merino wool socks last year and feet still froze. Insulated boots don't work for me. I researched a heater body suit but that seems like an awful lot of trouble to tote around. Has anyone used boot blankets? I want something I can throw on as soon as I get to the stand and stay warm. I could hunt a lot longer if I could keep my feet warm.

Where do you hunt ?

What is the temperature when you are having the cold feet?

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Northwest GA. If we have a frost, my feet are cold. The colder the worse it is.

It frosts sometimes at 45 degrees. Are you saying your feet get cold at a temperature like 45?

Jeetdawg

Boot blankets are bulky, but if you throw in a hand warmer in each, they help. I suffer from cold feet as well and what has paid the biggest dividends for me is a Cabela’s Wooltimate beanie and neck gaiter…you may say huh…keeping my head/neck/core warm has really helped with my feet. Also, after getting in my stand or when I am about to climb up, I change to a new pair of socks. I have some Artic pack boots and was quite toasty in Kansas. I haven’t completely mastered the cold, but I’m still working on it

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
You hunting from a ground blind or tree stand?

Get some foam workout mats from Walmart, will keep the ground or metal from drawing out the heat, plus they use to make bear paws that were foam and went over your boots like mutlucks

Powder your feet to keep them dry.

A small heater helps too.

Shot this bear while warming up my feet over the heater, bare ft on the ground, send it at 150 yards, it was cold.20220314_021952.jpg

Oakview

A little pricey but I have a pair of Lenz heated socks for my Kansas trips later in the season. They have a Bluetooth feature that allows you to keep them off while walking in then turn on when get set. They have settings from 1-9, so can control the level of heat. Batteries last a long time, never had them run out during a hunt. All done with your phone. They were designed for snowmobiles but work great for hunting. I put them on with a thin wool sock over the top. May work for you. Good luck. Will post a link if I can find them.

WOODIE13

Waterfowl hunting out of a metal boat is horrible, but the foam barrier helps a lot

WOODIE13

Cold feet are my nemesis when stand hunting...my Papaw would carry a couple thermos of hot water and fill hot water bottles and put on his boots, way before gortex and thinsulate...it worked for him

WOODIE13

Don't have a choice the conditions I get to hunt with my grandkids, if it's cold, I will bring a cold weather surplus sleeping bag, that works great too

Latest posts