Converted duck hunter

flatsmaster

Well my sons girlfriend still loves to duckhunt but she is now ate up with deer hunting ... they been together for 2 seasons and he got her a nice 7pt with a rifle last yr ... we are a bow only family so about 4 months ago my son found her a nice used bow and she has been steady practicing and getting stronger to up poundage and felt extremely confident at 20 but loved 15 yds :) (me to) so we moved some ground blinds around on some tighter then normal pinches to hopefully get her a opportunity ... being so tight we told her they were only huntable on certain wind and it needed to be brisk ... we had been getting pics of some solid bucks for central Florida in the daylight ... forecast was a brisk wind from the right direction with 1 problem .. opening day of early teal and we had some birds ... she says y'all go I want to bowhunt :oops: ... my son said then lets go try and get u a buck .... this 7pt that we had no pics of made a terminal mistake walking by at 13 yds ... after the shot and a minute or 2 for her body to start breathing instead of shaking she said we can shoot plenty of birds in Dec and Jan ... great to see them share passions !!! I think next yr we'll have another loaded in the truck headed to Illinois !!! My son in law shot a nice wide buck in SC with a gun over the wk end... I need Nov to get here so I can climb a tree ... good luck to all this season and be safe !!!

Attachments

• IMG_3483.JPG
    IMG_3483.JPG
    283.5 KB · Views: 325
  • IMG_3484.JPG
    IMG_3484.JPG
    245.9 KB · Views: 312

flatsmaster

Thx everyone ... we usually tune up for ducks by shooting claybirds on that same property ... I'm now thinking NO loud noises will be aloud until Nov :)

swamp hunter

Good Job...I'd try and get mine to hunt but who's gonna make Breakfast ?

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Very nice work! Congrats on a fine buck

walkinboss01

Congrats all around!!

Jim Boyd

Awesome Flats - well done!!!!!

j_seph

Them gals love chocolate...................congrats