Corps permint for gator hunting

sowega hunter

I was on Lake Eufala (Walter F George ) this weekend and saw a sign that said a $15 Corp of Engineers permit was required to hunt gators. Any one else heard of this. This is new to me and is it required on other lakes as well? On a side not I noticed hydrilla was everywhere. This is terrible for this lake or any other lake for that matter.

treadwell

WOW Wish I would have scanned all this forum. YES, there was a note taped to the sign that read Permit required to hunt aligators starting AUG 1. You must apply in person at Ft Gaines OR mail in the $15. I then, in a panic, called GA DNR, ALA DNR, And Corp officials. All three told me to go ahead and hunt, but have it with me before I returned next weekend. They also stated that a permit is NOT good region/lake to lake. THEY ARE Lake specific.

treadwell

The GA game warden stated, that once the grace period is over, it's a $1,000 fine. He stated he had issued quite a few to duck hunters last year.

j_seph

What is the purpose? Do they charge $15 to bow fish...............bream fish...............catfish as well

Judge

What is the purpose? Do they charge $15 to bow fish...............bream fish...............catfish as well

I am curious too. Does the tag holder have to buy the $15 permit or does everyone in the boat have to buy one?

When you hunt deer on a Lake Eufuala WMA do you have to buy the $15 permit in addition to your WMA permit

treadwell

The Alabama game warden told me, only the tag holder has to have a permit. I had him give me his card so if there was an issue I could call him.

bronco611

taxation with out representation! Got to love it, everyone looks for every opportunity to pick your pocket and will take advantage of it at every angle. The day is coming where you will be issued a clean air certificate to be able to breathe and it will cost mega bucks without it you go straight to jail. I will never apply for a tag in the Chattahoochee- eufaula area since these cheep rascals are out to rape anyone who already has met the requirements of the state or DNR. They need to make their unjustified tax fair across the board, anyone doing anything on corps land must pay the 15 bucks this is everything not just hunters , go after the fishermen, water skiers, boaters, swimmers bird watchers etc etc. come on corps lets get fair with your decision to charge one or two small groups to pay for your coffee and biscuits why not go after all and have orange juice and steak for breakfast? And they wonder why young kids go out looking for trouble, they cannot enjoy the freedoms we should all have because of being priced out of everything. Remember when you could take a young girl on a date and it cost 25 bucks for dinner and a movie, now it will be 50 to 70 bucks for a nice dinner and a movie, heck at that rate they might as well just shack up and go to red box!

Tomboy Boots

Turkey Killer
taxation with out representation! Got to love it, everyone looks for every opportunity to pick your pocket and will take advantage of it at every angle. The day is coming where you will be issued a clean air certificate to be able to breathe and it will cost mega bucks without it you go straight to jail. I will never apply for a tag in the Chattahoochee- eufaula area since these cheep rascals are out to rape anyone who already has met the requirements of the state or DNR. They need to make their unjustified tax fair across the board, anyone doing anything on corps land must pay the 15 bucks this is everything not just hunters , go after the fishermen, water skiers, boaters, swimmers bird watchers etc etc. come on corps lets get fair with your decision to charge one or two small groups to pay for your coffee and biscuits why not go after all and have orange juice and steak for breakfast? And they wonder why young kids go out looking for trouble, they cannot enjoy the freedoms we should all have because of being priced out of everything. Remember when you could take a young girl on a date and it cost 25 bucks for dinner and a movie, now it will be 50 to 70 bucks for a nice dinner and a movie, heck at that rate they might as well just shack up and go to red box!

You sure do have a way with words! :bounce: :clap: And I agree with you 100 %! Everyone wants a piece of that pie, and coffee, and biscuits, and orange juice and steak too ::gone: