Craftman vs stihl weedeater

RangerJ

Since it was already mentioned, I Bought an Echo over 30 years ago still using it today.

BamaBart

I have a Stihl weed eater, leaf blower, and chainsaw. I use Stihl 2-stroke oil in them and have never had them worked on.

FX Jenkins

Confed Jay raises a great point, if this is a once a week homeowner piece of equipment you can buy 3 craftsman at sears or Troy built at Lowes for what 1 Sthil costs. With proper care you can get 2 years use out of a Craftsman (estimate on the low end for comparsion purposes) so thats six years of use for the same money. Now if you enter in the extended warranty that could possibily add another 6 years (2 years per unit) thats 12 years of use for the same money as the sthil. Makes sense of course this using the new math.
But can you put a price on using a macho Stihl...LOL

but your time is money and I'd hate to pay the cost of it not cranking when you need it and then having to drive to sears to drop it off and then drive back to pick it up...

just buy a Stihl 55 R and be done with it for 10 years...

Jetjockey

Stihl Combi unit. You can get a straight shaft trimmer, a blower, a pole saw, edger, brush cutter, hedge trimmer, etc..... With that said, Ive never run a Redmax. But I have run a Sthil, Echo, Husquvarna, and Tanaka. Im suprised nobody mentioned the Tanaka. I would put the Stihl and Tanaka about even, both ahead of the Echo and way above the craftsman. The reason I like my stihl is because of the Kombi unit. But, If I was just purchasing a trimmer I would pick the Tanaka. When I bought my Tanaka it was between the Tanaka and the Echo because of price. My girlfriends dad was letting me use his Echo until I got my Tanaka. The store I bought it from talked me out of the Echo and Im glad they did. The Tanka was much easier to hold and seemed to have more power. I had it for 4 years before I moved to GA and sold it to my renter. Its been running just fine for almost 10 years now. I really love my stihl as well, but it is heavier. Im a big fan of Stihl and Tanaka, and now that Tanaka makes a combi unit, Im not sure I would have picked the stihl.

2011GADawg

Stihl over craftsman, but for a weedeater I would go echo, my rule of thumb is echo for weedeaters, blowers, and edgers and stihl for chainsaws, trimmers, and the rest you could also check out shindaiwa because they are good too and echo recently bought them out so its basically an echo

Stihl! Craftsman has great hand tools but their power tools do not have the life time warranty and guarantee like all their other tools

Bamafan4life

My grandmother bought me a brand new stihl weedeater just like i wanted the other day out of no where, gee thanks grandma! i love it. i was ganna go with echo but i aint ganna look a gift horse in the mouth

Latest posts