Crappie nibbles

ADDICTED2HUNTIN

How many of you use crappie nibbles? I have never used them but I keep seeing where others use them. Usually when I troll I will tip my jigs with minnows some times. When I shoot docks I don’t use anything. Would it be worth tipping my jog with a nibble when I shoot docks just to give it a little “flash” and smell? What are your thoughts?

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
My dad sure believes in them , if he’s fishing with minnows he almost always has one on . Not so much with jigs though . If I was curious I’d give it a try and see what I thought . Me personally , I never use them

Glenn2399

Ive tried crappie nibbles in the past but didn't see much difference using em or not. Saw a video on Youtube, guy in Texas using crappie nibbles and doing good. But he had a friend turn him onto a different version of the nibbles. Been wanting to try them.

Here is a link to those baits.

https://pautzke.com/shop/product-pautzke-fire-balls/
They were the rage about 15-18 years ago. Bought four jars. Tried them at least 50 times. Never got the first bite on one.s

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
I have had some luck with them, mainly in muddy water. I keep a couple of jars in da boat, but it isn't some magic speck catchin bait.

Tipping a jig with a minnow is more effective.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
I have had some luck with them, mainly in muddy water. I keep a couple of jars in da boat, but it isn't some magic speck catchin bait.

Tipping a jig with a minnow is more effective.
That's the way Dad taught me to fish for them... "doll fly" with a minnow under a pin float.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Never used them. We never have much trouble catching them on plain old jigs.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
I’ve got some on the boat but no improvement seen. I have noticed a marked improvement with Slab Sauce. I also catch more catfish while long linning for crappie using the Sauce.

trad bow

The closer to the May catfish spawn, I catch a lot more catfish long linning using the sauce. So many that I stopped using it on my jigs during May/ June.

trad bow

Dutch how’s the shoulder progressing?

Worley

I use em - I think I’ve heard they work well for luring em into the hot grease.