crossbow broadhead

bilgerat

Senior
is here a difference between regular broadheads and cross bow broadheads ? I just acquired my first crossbow and have 2 packs of Muzzy 125 grain 3 blades I want to use. Ive Been seeing adds for "crossbow broadheads" and was wondering if theres a difference

deast1988

Most cases nothing's different on Somd models clips and retention systems are stronger. Muzzy makes Somd Xbow models with beefier components. I've seen loads of good reviews on the muzzy trocar through xbows. But standard 125grs should work. I'd look into Excalibur Nation and crossbow nation forums aswell loads of info about building FOC arrows and broad head discussion over there. Even some good information in AT crossbow forums aswell.

shdw633

Just picked up 2 packages of the Trocar HBX 100 grain for crossbow and can't wait to try them out this season, they look awesome.

markland

Bascially the only difference between a fixed blade crossbow head and standard is the base diameter of the ferrule. The standards are usually a .320 while the crossbow models can be in the .340-.350 range. They will shoot and perform just fine on any arrow. Good luck