33.4 KB · Views: 127

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
His name was 4R

he's gone on to hamburger heaven now.

rodg 4R

(rest on da grill)

T-N-T

Llama herds. That's the future gentleman.

NOYDB

BANNED
Most farm critters have some that are bad tempered. But not paying attention will get you hurt by any critter.

Lukikus2

da daddy of my bull

That's one pretty polled! Only thing keeping me alive one day was the trailer fender supports held against one of those beasts that decided to try and squash me. Glad to see the breed still being kept pure. Back when the market paid more for floppy eared, angus bull and hereford cow. Then it went to "Brangfus", Brahma bull and angus. There ain't no way to halter break one of those beasts.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
That's one pretty polled! Only thing keeping me alive one day was the trailer fender supports held against one of those beasts that decided to try and squash me. Glad to see the breed still being kept pure. Back when the market paid more for floppy eared, angus bull and hereford cow. Then it went to "Brangfus", Brahma bull and angus. There ain't no way to halter break one of those beasts.

my bull is friendly enough you can walk up in the pasture and scratch his head, and he will shake it at you. But he is not so friendly to be in your back pocket if you walk across the field. I have seen to many that will put their nose in your back and push you 10 feet thru the air when they want feed from you.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I wouldn't have a brahma on my place. sneaky, unpredictable, and bad dangerous. Especially with grandbabies that like to go see the kittens in the barn.

I have never worried about my hereford bull hurting one of them. I raised some purebred jerseys one time, and that jersey bull at 3yrs old went nuts. I made lots of hamburger real quick with him

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I wouldn't have a brahma on my place. sneaky, unpredictable, and bad dangerous. Especially with grandbabies that like to go see the kittens in the barn.

I have never worried about my hereford bull hurting one of them. I raised some purebred jerseys one time, and that jersey bull at 3yrs old went nuts. I made lots of hamburger real quick with him

I never trust any kind of dairy bull. Most Hereford or Angus bulls are usually fairly calm unless you rile them up. But I do not trust a Holstein or Jersey. The Jerseys seem to be the meanest. They'll go through a five-strand barbwire fence like it was sewing thread, and come at you from 200 yards away when you step in the pasture.

Lindseys Grandpa

I agree with the Hillbilly , Jersey bulls are by far the meanest I have ever seen. I raised several on bottles. My Father bought them from local dairy for. $10.00. Dairy didn't want them ,they were drinking milk costing them money. Some of the ones that we hand raised turned aggressive when they were bigger .
The dairy had a huge bull they kept in a wooden corral 6ft high for breeding purposes. Nobody could go in the pen with him. He was extremely aggressive and I guess he passed it down.

OmenHonkey

I Want Fancy Words TOO !
I'm out of the livestock bidness. Sold all my gates yesterday. And will start tearing down fences this weekend. I'm gonna plant some more pines and deerhunt the heck out of it.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Expensive,,,, lady down the road as a few,,,, sells the fur,,,,

That's alpacas. Old lady across the holler from me has a passel of 'em. They screech like dinosaurs all the time.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
And will start tearing down fences this weekend. I'm gonna plant some more pines

that hurts my heart....

Georgia is low on good pastureland, but we have all of the state weed (pines) we can stand.

and 30 years from now, the pines won't bring enough $ to put the land back in pasture shape.