Deer Decoy Suggestions

OK North American Whitetail this week tore me up. Stan Potts shot a huge deer coming to a decoy. I'm going to Southern IL peak of the rut (4 day archery and 3 day shotgun)and have got to have one. I've looked at the Carry Lite. Anybody have any experience with them?

Thanks

A buddy of mine has had good success with a 3D archery target. He killed a 9-pt this past season that stepped out into a logging road and started walking right toward the target/decoy. I'm thinking of using one on a gas pipeline right of way this season.

GAGE

GONetwork Member
I have a carry lite myself and have had one really great experience in the 10 or so times that I have used it, and aside from having to carry it in and out, never had a real bad experience.

Player4211

I have also used a 3d archery target I use. I took two screws and put them on the inside of the legs so i could hang my scent on. so i do not have to spray the whole deer with scent. I do spray it with a scent killer once i get it set up incase more then one deer comes in with a shooter buck.

Plug

decoy

I've been hunting in Southern Illinois for 4 years and decoys really work, I had 8 bucks come in to the decoy in one afternoon.I hunt with Illinois Ohio Valley Trophy Hunt it's a great outfit

P&Y FINALY

I Bought A Flambeau A Few Years Ago And Its Extremely Noisy!!! The Parts Store Inside The Body And That Hollow Body Acts Like A Big Bell. They Sure Work Good Out West But Deer Around Here Dont Seem To Like Em From My Experience. I Feel Like They Need To Be Used In An Open Area So The Deer Can See It From A Long Distance Instead Of Like Most Places Around Here Where When He Steps Out Boom Theres A Decoy Right In His Face.

addictedtodeer

Check out Rezno? decoys. They really work!
There are 2 a grazing doe and a 8 point buck.
My experience, the buck decoy freaks out everything but something bigger than it.
The grazing doe draws them in! Problem is it can draw them in too well! I had one night where it drew in 6 does, the just came in and began eating around the decoy...too many eyes, couldn't move without them spotting it...really frustrating bow hunting.

cheap, light, fold up and it works.
Hey try a turkey decoy and call as well, worked last year for me. Deer seem to be willing to come in where they hear turkeys, just remember that turkeys will to and boy can they see you if you are not prepared!

Goddard

Timbo,
I have wanted one for years, but Mark says that I already have too much stuff in my "box of tricks"! I saw the show that you are talking about and it sold me on it too.
Have a great time on your trip!! Hopefully, you will get ole Mossy Cods!
Jenn

Deer Fanatic

Cool ? Useless Billy Deer Guide
I bought a montana decoy last year.it's the most realistic printed one I've seen.Did not have a good buck come to it in Illinois last year but had 2 quail hunters stalking it.One of the funniest things I've seen while hunting.