Deer Quota Hunt Selection Complete

Jayrod

Ossabaw Island

Ossabaw Island Nov 4-6 Primitive Weapons Hunt... This started out with myself and three buds applying...Last year two of them lost/misplaced their rejection notices...this year the 3rd one couldn't find his rejection notice...

So just call me Solo Man. :flag:

I've never been to Ossabaw and now I'm going by myself, so if anyone has any advice as to where to hunt, what to expect, where to get a boat ride etc. shoot me a pm and lets talk. Or better yet if you've been picked on this hunt as well let me know and maybe we could share a campfire :clap:

Jayrod

RamblinWreck

Awright! My daughter Sarah and I got picked for the Dec 2-4 Ossabaw hunt with only #2 rejection notices! :clap:

We are going to get two areas side-by-side and hunt together. This is the third time in 4 years I get to hunt the island! :bounce:

Jayrod, you will get a letter from Kilkenny marina about their boat service to the island. I myself am looking for a private boat to take us over and get there early at 7AM or so. You are going to love the hunt, except for the bugs.

BowArrow

Five of us in our Archery Club were selected for the Nov. archery hunt on the south end of Sapelo. Anybody on Woody's going on this hunt? I went last year in Dec. and really enjoyed it except for the wind and cold.

If anybody has any advice on which area's to hunt, please let me know. We have always hunted Blackbeard and know very little about Sapelo. We like the idea of being carried to our stands by the DNR as we are all in our 60's and some pushing seventy.

JBowers

Gaswamp said:
still can't get the DNR website to work ::huh: :confused:
Joe, call me 770-761-3044.

Walkie Takie

B.f. Grant

didn't think there was a way , but we made it B.F. Grant nov. 3-6 look's like me and
greenhunter, gapacman , hammerhead, and old joe will get to go ///////// w/t
anyone know that much about the place ??????

Sapelo Island South End

I went to Sapelo Island on the archery hunt two years ago. Any space in the seventies is good especially the mid seventies. I had 71 and it had a huge food plot on it where I saw a lot of deer.

Glenn Ryan

Quota

My group got drawn for the second Rum Creek hunt 11/17-20. We also got in on the last Blanton Creek hunt in January.This has happened before due to the quota not getting filled.

HMwolfpup

can't believe it

this is the first time I have ever been rejected for the Berry Hunt....of course I didn't put a second choice.

BrianDailey

Berry College!

My buddy and I got drawn for the November 3-6 Berry College hunt.
Any advice out there?
Thanks!!!!

Chuck Martin

Ossabaw

Me and my 18 and 19 year old boys are on Ossabaw 16-18 with a double rejection. That was our second choice, Dec 2-4 was 1st and the PW was third.

Gaswamp

Got my card in the mail today.

kcausey

Banned
DNR site wont work for me...

someone please look and pm me or reply. Sapelo PW and both archery (3 selections)...Emory K Causey should be the first name in our party.....thanks for the help anyone.
Kip

HMwolfpup

BrianDailey said:
My buddy and I got drawn for the November 3-6 Berry College hunt.
Any advice out there?
Thanks!!!!

get on the edge of any thick stuff you can, and get there early. Don't be surprised or upset if you get walked up on by other hunters several times, but if you get on the edge of the thickest stuff you can find and wait for everyone to start stomping through the woods, the deer will move into the thick to get away from all the people. We've had good luck near possum trot. Oh yeah, if it rains, you'll want a 4x4 truck. The road up Lavendar Mtn off of Sand springs is real muddy and slick when wet, and in particular if you get near possum trot behind technology parkway, there is an open "strip mined" area that seems like it's about a mile of slippin' and slidin' before you get to a decent road again.....other than that, all I can tell you is that I am jealous. This is the first year I have ever not been picked for the Berry Hunts.

Good Luck.

BirdNut

Flint River!

Got drawn for Flint River Dec 2-4! I was anticipating a rejection to make us a shoe-in for Joe Kurz next year.

Anyone hunted Flint River & willing to share advice???

kcausey

Banned
Jeff...

i appreciate it man....i was hoping for a rejection notice. means im in for the north end PW hunt next year......two of us just started new jobs and cant get off anyway........can't wait til next year.