Did you shoot anything today #2

frankwright

Yes, Nice cool morning at the Outdoor Range.
I tried shooting my Ruger PC carbine that was fine when I last shot it but I suspect the ejector is bent because it extracts the case, turns it sideways and it jams against the new round trying to feed. Major disassembly project for another day.
I shot my Glock 19X. I been shooting the indoor GSSF matches some months and not doing as well as usual. I was thinking about it and I have Truglo TFX Pro sights on it which is great for defensive and fast shooting. Not so good for bullseye static shooting.
Rummaged around in my box of parts and found a set of Sevigny Black front/rear and installed them. Much better sight picture.

Finally first range trip with my Tisas Double Stack 2011 with Swampfox Sentinel Red Dot.
Took just a handful to get the dot zeroed. Gun shot awesome. Great feel and trigger.
I fired about 250 rounds of handloads, FMJ, JHP and some coated TC. 100% reliable so far. Zero Problems.
It may very well be my new competition gun.

Attachments

• Tisas DS 2011 Left Hand Red Dot 4 2024.jpg
    Tisas DS 2011 Left Hand Red Dot 4 2024.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 4

Dub

Now that I have a new bag… might as well get a manbun
View attachment 1301663

Very nice.

My wallet stung from trying one of their gamechanger bags.....a schmedium size. It is also made of that waxed canvas. I picked up a tube of their wax for when it is needed later on.

I liked it so much that I gave some of their other gear a try....solid stuff. Well made. I'm confident that it'll prove rugged and hold up for a long, long time......then their warranty is iron clad, too.

Gotta love a Georgia-based company, innovative approach to filling the needs of shooters & hunters... founded & run by an American soldier who has already put it all on the line to ensure our freedom.

Yeah, man....I'll remain a loyal customer of Armageddon Gear for life.

Jester896

Senior Clown
yeah @Dub there was a tube of it in the box. My Gamechanger..Wax Canvas OG...I think...same green as Possibles bag.. lives in the truck and I noticed it needed it a touch up when it was under my elbow at the last .22 match...need to clean that rifle too...man it just doesn't end.

Last edited:

Adam5

Tonight we loaded the 165gr Hornady FTX bullets that I got from @menhadenman over 25.5gr of W296 for some .350 Legend rounds.

We also loaded some hot .350 Legend home defense rounds that are a Hornady 147gr XTP over 28.0gr of W296. They should push 2600+ fps out of my 20” AR.

I finished off my .45 Colt brass with 100 250gr Berry’s flat points over 9.9gr of AA5.

Attachments

• IMG_2570.jpeg
    IMG_2570.jpeg
    249.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2568.jpeg
    IMG_2568.jpeg
    364.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2569.jpeg
    IMG_2569.jpeg
    325.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2574.jpeg
    IMG_2574.jpeg
    363.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Jester896

Senior Clown
stunk the place up again...neva should have cleaned my rifle :rolleyes:

IMG_2105.jpg

that poor gurl in the red took one center mass when I missed that red circle... -10...she took one to the arm too on the circle next to her shoulder.. -10 again. Didn't do so well on the hostages and was 4 out on the other circles ...smh

It is really hard for me to see red circles on the hostage targets

Last edited:

earlthegoat2

I was pleasantly surprised at the 100 yd accuracy of my 454 Casull Browning 1885 with my off books handload featuring a 275 gr Barnes TSX with a longer than spec COAL and filled up with H110.

The pink is a 3 shot group. I had a similar sized group at 50 yds as well.

I hate it when I buy a bunch of components to work up an accurate load and then I have one right out of the gate. :rolleyes:

IMG_3696.jpeg

Jester896

Senior Clown
You definitely need a man bun, then you might as well get yourself a 6.5 CM to make it official!
I just might call that fella that had that custom listed on TOT with the Stiller Action and AICS Chassis. I forgot what the barrel maker was. I shot the rifle once right after it was assembled and it is tight. I can always unscrew the barrel and sell it:cool:

Baroque Brass

I just might call that fella that had that custom listed on TOT with the Stiller Action and AICS Chassis. I forgot what the barrel maker was. I shot the rifle once right after it was assembled and it is tight. I can always unscrew the barrel and sell it:cool:
I’d recommend a man bun stylist but I don’t know any since I don’t have that much hair.

My rifle is a tikka T3x, it puts bullets where they’re aimed.

frankwright

Yep, I ain't skeered of a little rain.

I chronoed some 124 FMJ rounds with Clean Shot powder. I got DQ'd from a match when my ammo didn't make power factor. I don't want that happening again. I
actually chronoed those loads and now looking back at my figures I should have known my Chrony was not right.
I shot my Ruger PC carbine. It acted up on me last range trip, double feeding and not ejecting completely the spent round. I took it all apart. I replaced the ejector and resharpened the hook on the extractor and seemed to be fine today.
I also shot a bunch of ammo getting use to my Tisas 2011. I am doing well with it and really like it but have not figured out my support hand yet.
I need to find a place for it that I can find on the draw in a hurry that will be stable during the next 18-20 rounds fired quickly.
My natural grip is wanting my thumb to find the slide lock and that prevents the slide from locking back on last round.
I have small hands and will be dry firing in the garage to work on that issue.

Bobby Bigtime

Update: sil got his vortex razor back from the repair folks today. They confirmed that it was shifting a few moa in their impact test. Scope was repaired and recalibrated and did not shift during impact testing. It is reset to optical zero and according to them is ready to go. We will give her a go on a hard charger soon. He said there is no way in Hanoi the Swarovski is coming off though.

Jester896

Senior Clown
yep...played with the .22-250 a little more. I still think it is a little too hot still. I was able to get some speeds with the Radar this time. Bad thing is when you get away from the Radar it doesn't sync anymore so I don't have it available but I did jot down some notes.

the 50gr Barnes are running roughly from memory 38??fps and close to the max from the load data .050 off the lands to start and I think they are too hot but need to check the cases...they may be undersized for some odd reason.

The 62 gr Hornady Cases XXXXfps ...but the target below..but still a little hot...think it was ES 19.?? and SD was 9.?? .020 off the lands.

IMG_2116.jpg
the one to the left is from sighting as is the one at the bottom of the diamond. The 6 shots to the right are the ones I measured..I think the high and low strike are the high and low velocity but that group measures 1.28

Screenshot_20240504_144803_Range_Buddy.JPG
the 4 listed above in the group...some of the info in the pic is incorrect..my buddy measured it on his phone and sent it to me.

I don't seem to have a pic of the R-P cases target with the 62gr Game Kings .020 off the lands but the ES was 18 and the SD was 8.1 (same charge) for that string AV 3335fps high was 3343fps and low was 3324fps. Better than the Hornady cases for sure.

Back to the loading bench

Last edited: