Did you shoot anything today #2

Jester896

Senior Clown
dang...forgot to order that sling swivel to Picatinney adapter for my CZ. The .22LR matches start back tomorrow and I wanted to use my6 Atlas bipod to get the front lower.

Reactions: Dub

Dub

dang...forgot to order that sling swivel to Picatinney adapter for my CZ. The .22LR matches start back tomorrow and I wanted to use my6 Atlas bipod to get the front lower.

I went most of my life never used a bipod......then tried one a couple years back.

Hooked.
Bigtime hooked.

It simply never was anything I'd use when hunting.

It took shooting a rifle for sheer fun to get me to try.

A bipod & a rear bag makes for some comfortable fun. (y)

Will they let you use your Caldwell rest in the match in the meantime ?

Jester896

Senior Clown
Hooked.
Bigtime hooked.

Will they let you use your Caldwell rest in the match in the meantime ?

Yep

A bipod on the front is more stable than a good bag to me. The bag can allow you to twist the the rifle where the bipod will not. Depending on the hunting situation...you can push the legs against a rail to strongly load the bipod...the feet don't have to touch anything in that case.

I can use a front bag or bipod and no rear support other than me. And has to be a magazine fed rifle... I can use a single shot block in it though....no single shot or match type rifle. Trigger can't be lighter than 2.5#. If you have a set trigger you can't use it. There are some more that I can't remember.

Dub

I didn't shoot anything today....but did get some things done with this Tikka .308.

Got it stripped down to get to the trigger spring. Swapped it with a YoDave spring (smaller) that really lightens the factory adjustable 2-stage.

IMG_2950.jpeg

IMG_2947.jpeg
Those springs camo real well with the rug if you drop them.....spent the better part of an hour trying to find one I'd dropped.

Swapped the factory grip with an MDT adjustable grip.

IMG_2964.jpeg

IMG_2966.jpeg

Mounted a 5-25x50mm scope.

IMG_2969.jpeg

Decided to use an Area419 "Heckfire" brake on it.

IMG_2977.jpeg

Gonna put an Arca rail section on it when it gets here. Until then it'll wear a Magpul bipod...that'll move over to the AR-10 once the Arca rail finally gets here. USPS currently holding it hostage......

Hoping to get to the range with it tomorrow.

Jester896

Senior Clown
I forgot...I shot a Tikka (first time) .22-250 Sunday. I sent 2 rounds trying to get one in the hole the other shooter made. First one went about 1.5" high...wonder if that is the same spring you got @Dub..surprised me how light it was. Guess I should have dry fired it first. second round was about 3/4" low...I guess we see different..I had no call. Both shots were on the same vertical line as his.

HarryO45

Mag dump Dirty Harry
I didn't shoot anything today....but did get some things done with this Tikka .308.

Got it stripped down to get to the trigger spring. Swapped it with a YoDave spring (smaller) that really lightens the factory adjustable 2-stage.

View attachment 1295092

View attachment 1295093
Those springs camo real well with the rug if you drop them.....spent the better part of an hour trying to find one I'd dropped.

Swapped the factory grip with an MDT adjustable grip.

View attachment 1295094

View attachment 1295095

Mounted a 5-25x50mm scope.

View attachment 1295096

Decided to use an Area419 "Heckfire" brake on it.

View attachment 1295097

Gonna put an Arca rail section on it when it gets here. Until then it'll wear a Magpul bipod...that'll move over to the AR-10 once the Arca rail finally gets here. USPS currently holding it hostage......

Hoping to get to the range with it tomorrow.

You might want to look at the Cole-Tac backbone for an option when using the araca rail. Pretty nice setup for a practical rifle

Dub

I forgot...I shot a Tikka (first time) .22-250 Sunday. I sent 2 rounds trying to get one in the hole the other shooter made. First one went about 1.5" high...wonder if that is the same spring you got @Dub..surprised me how light it was. Guess I should have dry fired it first. second round was about 3/4" low...I guess we see different..I had no call. Both shots were on the same vertical line as his.

YoDave & MCARBO are two places that I know sell the Tikka trigger spring kits.

I heard Frank Galli rave over the results students had with the YoDave on a podcast and I immediately placed the order....thinking I'd first try the cheap approach vs an entire aftermarket trigger.

This sucker took it down way lighter than I expected.
As in, pollen season sneezes could set it off. :rofl:

I wound up adjusting it "up" with the YoDave spring and have a nice 2-stage pull into a wall with clean break (light).

Looking forward to some range time with it to see how it does.

You might want to look at the Cole-Tac backbone for an option when using the araca rail. Pretty nice setup for a practical rifle

Yes sir. They have all sorts of handy gear. (y) Thanks for the reminder.

Between them and the Georgia-based Armageddon Gear company there is a solution for anything I'd envision needing. Certainly anything my low speed-high drag self would need. :bounce:

Dub

Now....firing up the coffee pot and get some more done.
Similar setup work going on today with a Bergara HMR 6.5 ManBun.

IMG_2640.jpeg

HarryO45

Mag dump Dirty Harry
YoDave & MCARBO are two places that I know sell the Tikka trigger spring kits.

I heard Frank Galli rave over the results students had with the YoDave on a podcast and I immediately placed the order....thinking I'd first try the cheap approach vs an entire aftermarket trigger.

This sucker took it down way lighter than I expected.
As in, pollen season sneezes could set it off. :rofl:

I wound up adjusting it "up" with the YoDave spring and have a nice 2-stage pull into a wall with clean break (light).

Looking forward to some range time with it to see how it does.

Yes sir. They have all sorts of handy gear. (y) Thanks for the reminder.

Between them and the Georgia-based Armageddon Gear company there is a solution for anything I'd envision needing. Certainly anything my low speed-high drag self would need. :bounce:
Yes - Armageddon Gear is my “go to”

deerslayer357

6 rounds of 6.5 MB at 300 yards- in 13mph winds with gusts to 30. Top right was first shot- pulled some and then used it to correct for windage.

Attachments

• IMG_2851.jpeg
    IMG_2851.jpeg
    203.3 KB · Views: 3

GregoryB.

Shot 2 different 20 gauge shotguns testing 4 different turkey loads at 35 yards off a bench. Very disappointing results. Then I shot my Savage Minimalist 22 Mag. First time shooting it. Luckily the scope I swapped to it was within 1 inch of bullseye at 50 yards. Ammo wouldn’t feed from the magazine, had issues closing the bolt on an empty magazine as well. Shot it like a single shot to zero it. Think I need to try a different magazine.

Dub

That reminds me...I've been trying to get one of their possibles bags for my black powder stuff...wonder what's up with that?

Their "oak" color is now in stock

Image 1775.jpeg

Jester896

Senior Clown

Their "oak" color is now in stock

View attachment 1299654
that even matches my Game Changer colors

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I carry a bag turkey hunting, no vest. That’s a nice bag.

Jester896

Senior Clown
Stunk up the .22 match again this morning...I was the 2nd Place Looser today with an ugly 314 outta 500. I only got 6 of the 16 flies for 10pt ea, 2 outta 3 big dots for 10pt ea.
The target X ring was the same size as a pencil eraser...far too many 8s and not enough 10s. The wind was there and I was using holds....still medaled. Think I need to clean a rifle too...been a couple of years. Winner took it with a 450.
#1.jpg