Did you shoot anything today #2

Dub

View attachment 1286953
First 250 rounds through 5” Prodigy with three different brands of ammo. One malfunction- failure to feed, needed a light tap. I like the pistol. But the jury is still out.
Heck yeah.

2011’s were meant to run ‘em hard.

Superfun to shoot.

Springfield warranty will take care of you if anything is problematic.

Adam5

I shot the monthly indoor Glock league at Bulleye in Cumming this morning.

I shot a 458/500 in rimfire with G44

There was an odd issue when scoring my G17 in stock. I either had two go thru the same holes as two others, or I had two complete misses. I know I fired 50 rounds, but after counting 5 times with three people, we only counted 48 holes. I ended up with a 450/500 as the two were counted as misses.

Shooting MOS with my G34 and Holosun EPS I scored a new personal best of 489/500.

Attachments

• IMG_1359.jpeg
    IMG_1359.jpeg
    172.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1360.jpeg
    IMG_1360.jpeg
    201.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1361.jpeg
    IMG_1361.jpeg
    153 KB · Views: 0

Jester896

Senior Clown
i got bit 3 times by a Pit the other day
it takes me 6 seconds to draw and put 2 shots each on
3 targets...I beat you by a whole second...and I probably wouldn't have made it either

• Wow
Reactions: Dub

Dub

Trying to compete at 600 yards.
View attachment 1287981
Need lots of practice.

Trying to understand what I'm looking at here.....forgive me...I'm slow this morning. Late as it is and I've yet to acquire my coffee. :banginghe

I'm used to paper....and the holes on it.

Is this a 600 yard target ?

Am I seeing correctly that you have 15 scoreable hits out of 20 shots ?

I'll have the benefit of coffee prior to seeing an answer....hopefully I'll be able to follow along. :)

heggy

Trying to understand what I'm looking at here.....forgive me...I'm slow this morning. Late as it is and I've yet to acquire my coffee. :banginghe

I'm used to paper....and the holes on it.

Is this a 600 yard target ?

Am I seeing correctly that you have 15 scoreable hits out of 20 shots ?

I'll have the benefit of coffee prior to seeing an answer....hopefully I'll be able to follow along. :)
Dub,
What you are seeing is an screen shot of the results of 20 shots at 600 yards.
The screen shot came from ShotMarker electronic target system (https://autotrickler.com/pages/shotmarker). It uses 4 sensors to track the bullet as it passes thru the target.
ShotMarker sends the results via radio waves to a receiver and using any device that can connect to the a network and browse the internet to view the results.
All 20 shots scored with the lowest point value of 6.
The rings of gray shade is X, 10, 9, 8, and 7. The rings of white is 6 and 5
A fellow highpower shooter is helping me by give me advice and letting me use his ShotMarker until my arrives.
Below is what he shot:
1707608140775.png
Hope this helps.

Reactions: Dub

Jester896

Senior Clown
good shootin both of ya... if I see correctly

is it correct that most of your shots were under 1MOA and the main concentration of the other was in that 4" area of the target

heggy

good shootin both of ya... if I see correctly

is it correct that most of your shots were under 1MOA and the main concentration of the other was in that 4" area of the target
According to the software, The instructor is had a 3.2 MOA with a standard deviation of 16.6. The smaller the number, the better you are shooting
1707653791653.png
I did not do something with the ShotMarker software to calculate what my MOA was.
Below are the dimensions for the 600 yard target we was shooting at.
1707654056258.png
Hope this helps.

243SuperRC

Marlin 336 in 30-30 win

Purchased this rifle back in the 70’s when I was a teenager. Traded it to my granddad shortly after buying it. A few years later, the rifle end up at my dad’s. The poor rifle has spent most of it’s life in a gun cabinet or closet. Was at my parents not long ago and decided this rifle needed some love. Mounted Redfield mounts and a Nikon scope on the rifle. Worked up some handoads of Hornady 150 gr RN bullets. Shot the handloads and some factory ammo this past weekend. This rifle is a sweet shooter, not quite 1” MOA. Wish I had never bought into the talk that the 30-30 win was a whimpy cartridge. Plan on taking this gal to the woods hunting every chance I get this year.IMG_1855.jpeg

frankwright

I got to the range with my new Tisas 9mm Bobtail 1911.
Everything went well. It shot 150 rounds of two different JHP's and two different coated bullets. All 124/125 and handloaded.
Not a single malfunction with 4 mecgar magazines.

Recoil was light and trigger was right at 4# and no takeup.
I am installing my preferred straight trigger and putting a tritium front and black rear sight on it when they arrives.
The lightweight frame makes it nice to carry compared to my standard 1911's.

Attachments

• Tisas Stingray Range Pic.jpg
    Tisas Stingray Range Pic.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 1

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
We acquired a Crimson Trace Rimfire scope and my grandson The Kid mounted and sighted it in on a heavy barrel 10-22 we weren't using. Took it apart and scraped all the gunge out of it for a fresh start.

Here's 50 at 50 he shot with Remington Goldens from a bulk bucket...

IMG_20240219_133329969.jpg

We gonna try some CCI Standards next, should tighten up a bit...

Dub

We acquired a Crimson Trace Rimfire scope and my grandson The Kid mounted and sighted it in on a heavy barrel 10-22 we weren't using. Took it apart and scraped all the gunge out of it for a fresh start.

Here's 50 at 50 he shot with Remington Goldens from a bulk bucket...

View attachment 1289516

We gonna try some CCI Standards next, should tighten up a bit...

Great times together, there.

You got 'em on the right path for certain.

That has to be mighty gratifying. Well done, sir. (y) (y) (y) :flag:

frankwright

ICORE Revolver match coming up at RBGC and I needed some practice.
I tore the S&W Model 66 completely apart and gave it a good scrubbing and lube.
Went to the outdoor range and shot some paper and some steel targets.
I don't know why but I was pretty on even when shooting at the 4" steel.
Nice day to be outside.

Attachments

• S&W 66 Range Trip 2024.jpg
    S&W 66 Range Trip 2024.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 6