Did you shoot anything today ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I think it did...might be shooter error:cool:
He has been warned.?
That rifle puts the cold bore shot just a bit away from the rest. Although it might like it fouled a bit.
Same results here with the 143eldx after a bore snake and cool down.
IMG_1273.jpg

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I just loaded him enough of the 143's to get him through the season, lolol.
20210908_113944.jpg

I went to load him some range ammo with the 147gr ELD-M and found out that I was sent small rifle primer brass instead of LRP that I ordered and was said on the invoice and receipt.
It will give me something to play with.
20210908_114014.jpg

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I loaded some 147 ELDM in the Starline SRP brass and we took it to the range which is just about 2 miles down the road.
He shot .580 3 shot group.
4th bottom shot was a 130 SGKHPBT just to see where it hit.20210908_154322.jpg
His 143ELDX still were performing well with a fouled and slightly warm barrel.
20210908_154429.jpg

Dub

I loaded some 147 ELDM in the Starline SRP brass and we took it to the range which is just about 2 miles down the road.
4th bottom shot was a 130 SGKHPBT just to see where it hit.View attachment 1103253
View attachment 1103254

You have it dialed in !!!

Great shooting going on, too. (y)(y)(y)

When you loaded with the SRP were you able to run same recipe as LRP ?

I'd run across some SRP during the "Component Blight of 2020-2022" but held off not wanting to add yet another degree of complexity......finally was able to score the same LRP as my other brass...finally.

bullgator

We shot some 800 yd. targets today, well two of my friends did, I only made the 300 yd. round. I haven't shot long range in years and my rifle and loads were not set up for it. I did manage to get on the target at 300 yds. and the shots were good enough to kill a deer. From what I saw today I have got a lot of practice ahead of me.
Ya gotta admit, practicing at long range is more fun than work.

bullgator

4th bottom shot was a 130 SGKHPBT just to see where it hit.View attachment 1103253
View attachment 1103254
That 143 ELDX looks like it was made for his rifle.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
You have it dialed in !!!

Great shooting going on, too. (y)(y)(y)

When you loaded with the SRP were you able to run same recipe as LRP ?

I'd run across some SRP during the "Component Blight of 2020-2022" but held off not wanting to add yet another degree of complexity......finally was able to score the same LRP as my other brass...finally.
I kept everything the same regarding powder but used a CCI 400 in place of the F-210 Match. I used Hornady's data. But I used the same OAL measured off the Ogive as I use for the 143gr eldx.
I took the advice of two of my reloading buddies who did similar with theirs. Absolutely zero pressure signs. I have to shoot them over the chrony to see what they are really doing.

Reactions: Dub

Bobby Bigtime

Finally shot my Columbian Mauser 30-06 that I pieced together from parts. I have been working on it for quite awhile and today was finally the day. She shoots about two inches right now. It is a hot day and I wasn't all that patient letting her cool between shots and was also using a red dot. I'm pretty sure on a cooler day I can get those groups to tighten up a bit. Felt good considering she was almost nothing when I started.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Yep, shot my Rossi .22mag auto, after it fell out the door of my truck when I got back from the woods today....

Couldn't hit a spray paint can at 100 after five tries...lol

No visible damage, but gonna have to re-sight it.

Glad this didn't happen to a nice rifle... ?

SC Hunter

Yep, shot my Rossi .22mag auto, after it fell out the door of my truck when I got back from the woods today....

Couldn't hit a spray paint can at 100 after five tries...lol

No visible damage, but gonna have to re-sight it.

Glad this didn't happen to a nice rifle... ?
I keep a 17 in my truck and I have dropped it out of the truck before and gone through the same thing you're going through. Just an excuse to shoot haha

bullgator

About 30 minutes ago I put a bullet in a hog at the back of my property. There was about 10 of them out there rooting things up.
I hope they got the message.

tcward

Shot my Rock Island M 206 this morning. I’ve had it a month, first time I’ve had to shoot it. Ran 3 types of ammo through it no problems. Good little truck gun.

Bobby Bigtime

Checked both of my 450 bushmaster rifles for zero this afternoon shot a three round group with each. They were both spot on and ready for the upcoming season. Now we just need some moisture as many areas won't open up if it remains scary dry.

bullgator

They might have if you took 4 of them?
You have no clue how many times I thought “ a month from now I’d be taking this shot with a suppressor”.....as I was putting the dot on it.

Jester896

Senior Clown
You have no clue how many times I thought “ a month from now I’d be taking this shot with a suppressor”.....as I was putting the dot on it.

I got one out of jail today from my friend’s place…. finally got the paperwork back Thursday…. Older .22 cal GemTech

bullgator

I got one out of jail today from my friend’s place…. finally got the paperwork back Thursday…. Older .22 cal GemTech
I have a Silencerco 36M sitting in a gun shop safe 20 minutes away. ATF cashed the check March 4. I’m hoping to pick it up next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.