Direct TV

olroy

i am getting one of these and have a few questions.
anyone on here know anything about them?

Nick_T

Banned
I've got it, and love it. Got most of the premium channels and it's a little costly but sure is nice to have the choices. If you or the wife are into movies make sure ya get the Stars Super Pack, they beat all the other movie channels hands down.

Nick T

leadoff

GONetwork Member
I've had it before, but I didn't renew my contract when I moved into my new house. That's when I had trouble with them continuing to withdraw money from my account for a service I wasn't receiving!!! :mad: Finally got that straightened out after three months. I have thought about getting it again, but I am afraid that flipping through 250+ channels will turn me into a couch potato again! :)

teethdoc

I had it, but finally pulled the plug. I thought I would be bored at first, but my life is more fulfilling w/o so much tv than before.
BUT, If I was going to go back to tv, it would be Direct TV

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Had it for years. Love it. Just added Total Choice Premium. :cool:

tmooney

I have it with HDTV. I get my local channels over the air (OTA) though. It's best to do this because they charge for HDTV and thats the only way to get them if you don't have an OTA antenna. Real simple. I watched the Monday Night football game in 1080i last night. It's can't be beat. Cheaper than any ticket to a game hands down.
-T

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Whats the charge for HDTV? I will be doing that before long.

mikel

olroy said:
i am getting one of these and have a few questions.
anyone on here know anything about them?
ive had both.i have direct tv now and they are about the same IMO.but,if you want to watch the smoky mountain knife show on monday and friday nights you need dish

tmooney

mikel said:
ive had both.i have direct tv now and they are about the same IMO.but,if you want to watch the smoky mountain knife show on monday and friday nights you need dish
We're talking nail biting non stop action. How do you ever contain yourself? I bet your family has their hands full!

::ke: ::gone:

mikel

you must watch it too

tmooney

mikel said:
you must watch it too
I've never seen nor heard of it. I don't get to watch much TV as it is.

-T

matthewsman

I had D Tv

Had to change back to comcast though.Even though we had no trees or anything to impede the signal,ours still lost before my accross the road neighbors did.I also found out that the 1% of the time the signal is out is always when you're home in the afternoon and those evening showers pop-up.It always works fine when you don't have a lot of interest in the program,but i have lost the signal several times on a afternoon ballgame.Just my .02.........