Dixie Dawg

pendy

How mant goats do you have? Just curious. I read on another thread that you milk goats. I think those little minature one's are so cute.

Dixie Dawg

pendy said:
How mant goats do you have? Just curious. I read on another thread that you milk goats. I think those little minature one's are so cute.

Hey pendy!
Right now I have 40, but only the kids are 'miniature' right now!! :D
Most of my goats are Boers, which is a meat breed, but I do have 4 Nubian mix does, and those are the ones who are milked.
I think the minis are adorable and am actually looking to get a few Nigerian Dwarfs. I'd also like to get at least 2 fainting goats.... I saw them on A Current Affair a while back and they totally cracked me up!!! :)

Here's a pic of one of my bucks and a doe behind him:

Attachments

• junior tomohawk.jpg
    junior tomohawk.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 133

Dixie Dawg

And here's a pic of some of my kids... these are my first kids and I am VERY proud of them!!! :cool: :fine: :D

Love, light & blessings,
Kerri ;)

Attachments

• zin.jpg
    zin.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 128

Georgiaastro

This is a little off the topic, but it reminded me of something that happened to me back in January. I went on a mission trip to Jamaica and I was speaking to a school the first day there and I mentioned that I had 3 kids and I couldn't understand why they all laughed. The preacher I was with told me to use children the next time, that they probably thought I was talking about having goats.
Pendy and Dixie Dawg, I apologize I'm not trying to hi-jack the thread.
Have a great day and a Merry Christmas

Dixie Dawg

Georgiaastro said:
This is a little off the topic, but it reminded me of something that happened to me back in January. I went on a mission trip to Jamaica and I was speaking to a school the first day there and I mentioned that I had 3 kids and I couldn't understand why they all laughed. The preacher I was with told me to use children the next time, that they probably thought I was talking about having goats.
Pendy and Dixie Dawg, I apologize I'm not trying to hi-jack the thread.
Have a great day and a Merry Christmas

No apology necessary, that's a funny story!! I can see how that could happen... I've had similar experiences, and that's just in this language LOL :)
Merry Christmas to you too ;)

Love, light & blessings,
Kerri ;)

pendy

Dixie

Thanks for sharing the pics. Your goats and kids are adorable. I can see why you are proud. It looks like you take very good care of them.

B

Bowbender

pendy said:
Thanks for sharing the pics. Your goats and kids are adorable. I can see why you are proud. It looks like you take very good care of them.

Don't let her kid you, she eats one a week.. She told me they arent bahhhhhhhhhh ddddddd :bounce: :bounce:

Dixie Dawg

pendy said:

Thanks Pendy, I do try!! :) They are alot of work, but they sure are alot of fun, too. Definitely worth it!!! :D

Love, light & blessings,
Kerri ;)

Dixie Dawg

Bowbender said:
Don't let her kid you, she eats one a week.. She told me they arent bahhhhhhhhhh ddddddd :bounce: :bounce:

Well Jim, if you take good care of them, they taste better!!! :p :D

Love, light & blessings,
Kerri ;)

SmokyMtnSmoke

Dixie, do you milk them for your personal use or for re-sale?

I had a nephew that had to drink Goats milk as a baby cause he was alergic to the regular stuff.

About a month ago I attended a party where smoked goat was the entrey. YUUMMMMMYYYYYY! ;)

pendy

Bowbender said:

Bowbender, you are so funny!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Dixie Dawg

SmokyMtnSmoke said:
Dixie, do you milk them for your personal use or for re-sale?

I had a nephew that had to drink Goats milk as a baby cause he was alergic to the regular stuff.

About a month ago I attended a party where smoked goat was the entrey. YUUMMMMMYYYYYY! ;)

Hey SmokyMtnSmoke!
I milk for personal use... mostly to make soap with. But it's nice having a cold glass in the morning too!!! :)

Goat milk is actually being researched for quite a few medical treatments. It is very high in good fats and is healing to the skin. Much easier to digest than cow milk. And it tastes pretty good too!!! :D

Love, light & blessings,
Kerri ;)