early clay and calhoun county!!

Monty4x4

We dont hunt that close to each other, do we? I assume you mean looks to have similar genetics? I am curious if a certain strain runs strong in the area because this deer had a very short but stocky body. Never saw one like him on our last lease in Webster. Were all longer bodies. Any ideas?

Ace1313

We talked in camp about this the other day. We have a mixture of both body types in the area. Both still put so serious bone.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Rut, where. We havn't seen any rut yet. Miller and Early Co line.

Ace1313

Good deal. My brother and I are trying to get down this weekend. Stick and string for me as I hunt does.

Any of y'all hunt in early county around the Jakin area. Was wondering how the rut was going , I was up there this past weekend and saw 2 small does from Friday till this past Tuesday , any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Monty4x4

My father in law and another member have been up all week and not seeing much of anything. I am up on Saturday for a week and my last trip of the year.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Trail cameras just began getting some mature bucks couple days ago. And several have been seen by hunters going in and out in the dark. But daylight sightings are few. Full moon isn't helping, nor is the wind.

Hammack

I am right on the northeast boundary of Clay right on the randolph/clay line and only a couple miles from calhoun. I killed this buck on Thanksgiving morning, and he was chasing a doe. 4.5 year old, and the pics really don't do this deer justice. I have not gotten to spend alot of time in the woods this year due to work, but from what I am seeing on the cameras the second rut is in full swing in my area. I have several chasing pics over the past week and a half.

IMG_0582.jpg

IMG_0559.jpg

IMG_0578.jpg

BRIAN1

Looking to lease some land in Calhoun County for 2013. Does anyone on this thread know of anything? Interested in deer/hogs only. Thanks in advance.

BRIAN1

Monty4x4

Awesome buck! I'm up here now. Some other members saw some nice ones this week and father in law got a nice 4.5+. I am looking for one more doe. Had a good year so not getting after them too hard. Just kinda relaxing. But last week or so has def shown some ruttin goin on.

Latest posts