Have 2 of the sportsman condos and love them 1500 for 2 man, 4x6

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231206_083804_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231206_083804_Gallery.jpg
    314.4 KB · Views: 22

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Maybe the mods or admins can make a sticky with these so they will always be here and never get deleted or lost @Nicodemus

Nobody ever reads the stickies. They just clutter up the top of the subforum they`re stuck in.

The search feature in the header up top will help find it better.

basshappy

BANNED
One shoulder angel after seeing these box blinds is telling me I need to build a few on our land ...

But the other shoulder devil is telling me no way don't do it they are way too comfy yer gonna fall asleep and miss every deer and trespasser that meanders past!!!!!

Man some.of these blinds look comfy and fun! My kids would use them as forts for sure. I can't imagine being able to move mostly freely inside of them hidden away from the deer's eyes. Wow! Y'all have built some sweet structures.

Lilly001

One shoulder angel after seeing these box blinds is telling me I need to build a few on our land ...

But the other shoulder devil is telling me no way don't do it they are way too comfy yer gonna fall asleep and miss every deer and trespasser that meanders past!!!!!

Man some.of these blinds look comfy and fun! My kids would use them as forts for sure. I can't imagine being able to move mostly freely inside of them hidden away from the deer's eyes. Wow! Y'all have built some sweet structures.
They are great for rainy days.
And cold, windy days.
And when you bring the grandkids.
Or the dog.

leroy

And cold, windy days.
Or the dog.
They are great for any day, deer dont seem to notice noise as much coming from mine, sure helps with scent as well. Helps with clothing costs because i can wear only a short sleeve shirt on the coldest of days turn the buddy heater on and stay toasty lol.

GeorgiaGlockMan

I have had some great memories in mine.

These last 5 were bought.

I made and moved enough blinds to last 3 lifetimes.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201110-112955_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201110-112955_Gallery.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 38

Toliver

And cold, windy days.
Or the dog.
Glad to know I'm not the only one hunting with my dog. :bounce:

I love these stands. They are really my favorite way to hunt.

Waddams

Hope I'm not derailing or threadjacking this too bad - what's everyone's thoughts on why a box blind can be lower than a tree climber? At least most boxes I see just don't get you up as high as climbing 15'-20' or more for you daredevils up a tree.

Reason I ask - at the club, I've been in for 2 years and after finally getting to explore most of it, I'll get a chance to move my area this offseason. I think I've found where I want, and am thinking of putting in a box blind in this one area (it's all wooded). I like a box blind for the location to be elevated but still be able to easily turn and shoot any direction easily. I had a nice buck come in chasing behind me in my climber but couldn't get turned around and on him without giving myself away (I was 20' up and he still picked me out!). I've seen deer moving through every which way every time I've sat there, there are terrain and food/cover features that make it rather nice travel path intersecting area, and I saw lots of small spikes chasing through there too.

I know I could put in a ladder stand but I just like the box idea better. And I like being elevated some, so prefer that to a ground blind. Am thinking if I had a box blind up 8' or so, set back 50-75 yds from the intersection (there's even a nice thick small set of fir trees it would nestle into to give it cover), the view would be fine.

My only question is height - does a box blind do something to contain scent better so it doesn't need to go as high?

HavocLover

Hope I'm not derailing or threadjacking this too bad - what's everyone's thoughts on why a box blind can be lower than a tree climber? At least most boxes I see just don't get you up as high as climbing 15'-20' or more for you daredevils up a tree.

Reason I ask - at the club, I've been in for 2 years and after finally getting to explore most of it, I'll get a chance to move my area this offseason. I think I've found where I want, and am thinking of putting in a box blind in this one area (it's all wooded). I like a box blind for the location to be elevated but still be able to easily turn and shoot any direction easily. I had a nice buck come in chasing behind me in my climber but couldn't get turned around and on him without giving myself away (I was 20' up and he still picked me out!). I've seen deer moving through every which way every time I've sat there, there are terrain and food/cover features that make it rather nice travel path intersecting area, and I saw lots of small spikes chasing through there too.

I know I could put in a ladder stand but I just like the box idea better. And I like being elevated some, so prefer that to a ground blind. Am thinking if I had a box blind up 8' or so, set back 50-75 yds from the intersection (there's even a nice thick small set of fir trees it would nestle into to give it cover), the view would be fine.

My only question is height - does a box blind do something to contain scent better so it doesn't need to go as high?
Kinda comparing apples to oranges IMO.

Box blinds are stationary. They aren't going anywhere and the deer get used to them so the height is 100% irrelevant. Most are over a field or some other sort of clearing... and most are probably in place with kids/older folks/handicap folks in mind. Not saying a well abled person shouldn't or couldn't hunt one. Just saying they help with movement kids might have, help with the elements that elders might have a hard time with, etc.

Climbers are typically for the run and gun type of hunter and getting so high def eliminates your chances of getting picked out in close quarters. Even if I'm hunting in the open, the higher I can climb, the more ground I can see.

Both have their advantages but when talking about height between the two, theres no reason to compare them.

wm742

If you close one all the way up so that you open the window to shoot, I would expect that would help with scent. I'm sure having a wind break of any kind would help.

I like boxes because the deer cannot see you. I have a doe family that walks right under mine just about every time I hunt. I have 1 of the Academy brands with the cover. Its 6' and pretty nice. They walk under it also.

Its also nice to be able to take a propane heater with you.

I see some that are 12' out of the box, but I can build one way cheaper than that. It may not look as good, but the deer don't complain

I also think part of it is that manufacturer products you find at academy would probably get to pricey if they went over 6'. I built 8ft covered for $100 less than an academy brand 6' quad pod. And its still another $130 to cover it.

Cool Hand Luke

If down wind, they gonna smell you walking to the stand. A tripod might be a better permanent stand that you can see 360°. Box is nice but there are blind spots for sure.

Last edited:

Jim Boyd

How are the saw tooth’s doing?

They grew well and are going dormant now.

Plan to plant in late January or in February.

Have more than I can plant actually!

Many many thanks for the acorns!!!!!