Epic class coming together. Read what 247 has to say!!!

Madsnooker

The run Ohio State is putting together on the recruiting trail, five-star offensive lineman Wyatt Davis being the latest commit, has never been seen before in the 247Sports Composite era.

“It’s at the point where it’s getting out of hand,” linebacker commit Antjuan Simmons said.

Urban Meyer and company would be the first to tell you there’s a long way to go till National Signing Day, over seven months, but what the Buckeyes have done so far with this top-ranked class per 247Sports has been eye-popping.

Davis is ranked by 247Sports as the nation’s No. 1 offensive guard. He joins the nation’s No. 1 offensive tackle Josh Myers and the nation’s No. 1 dual-threat quarterback Tate Martell as prospects that top their respective position groups.
Davis is the third 247Sports Composite five-star to commit joining Myers and cornerback Shaun Wade, the country’s No. 2 player at his position.
Davis is the eighth future Buckeye to be ranked inside the Top100. Three more are ranked inside the Top247 and two more after that are four-stars. The only prospect ranked three-stars in this current Ohio State class is kicker Blake Haubell, who you guessed it, is ranked No. 1 at his position.
“It’s crazy,” offensive line commit Jake Moretti said. He gave his verbal last July, the fourth pledge of the class. “I remember committing, we already had a pretty decent class and it’s just kept rolling and rolling, some of the guys were collecting, it’s pretty cool to be part of it.”

If Ohio State keeps it up, and they plan to with the remaining targets on the board, they’re on track to shatter the 247Sports average rating per commitment.

With Davis in the boat the Buckeyes score jumps from 94.41 to 94.73., blowing away marks from years past.

Alabama 93.64 in 2015

Alabama 93.25 in 2013

Alabama 93.09 in 2012

Alabama 92.85 in 2016

Florida 91.98 in 2010

Alabama 91.34 in 2011

Alabama 91.15 in 2014

LSU 90.24 in 2009

No question the strength of this Ohio State class is the offensive line. If you walked into a room and said Davis, Myers or Moretti was your No. 1 overall offensive lineman in the country, not sure anyone could look at you crazy.

“It’s something special,” running back commit JK Dobbins said. He’s the country’s No. 3 all-purpose back per 247Sports and another one of those Top100 recruits. “I’m glad to be part of it. Getting (Wyatt) our offensive line is going to be something ridiculous and I can’t wait to run behind those guys and be part of the team.”

The flexibility among the group is outstanding. Myers could easily play guard and Davis and Moretti could play across the front.

“I don’t think you’re telling any of those kids what position they are coming in, but letting them figure it out,” Todd Huber, the Student Sports Director of Football who focuses on the trenches said. Huber is a former center himself and invites the players to The Opening. “They all have the capacity intelligence wise to learn the offense as a whole.

“What you see as a group and what you compare it to with previous Ohio State offensive line classes with the big trees they’ve gotten at offensive tackle and development interior guys, now they have three really good athletes with that five-position versatility. Ohio State is really loaded on the offensive line but if you need a kid to plug in at left guard or center you have three kids that can do that and as they mature and become upperclassmen they can really find a home.”

Myers is the most athletic of the group from a testing standpoint and could certainly play right tackle but his home may be best suited at guard.

“He’s such a power athlete,” Huber said.

On the field, it’s tough to find an offensive lineman that moves as well as Davis.

“Bruiser of a kid, super length, really good side to side in a sort area,” Huber said.

Moretti is the Swiss Army Knife that shows as much toughness as any of his peers at the point of attack.

“He’s willing to play whatever and has the capability to do whatever,” Huber said.

“Seems like a pretty special group but we have to keep our nose to the grindstone and keep working,” Moretti said.

The Ohio State coaching staff will continue to do the same on the trail.

My current 247Sports Crystal Ball forecasts have Ohio State landing the nation’s No. 1 safety in five-star Jeffrey Okudah, the nation’s No. 3 weak-side defensive end in five-star Chase Young, the nation’s No. 4 receiver in five-star Tyjon Lindsey, the nation’s No. 5 receiver in five-star Trevon Grimes and Top247 cornerback Amir Riep.

“If I do go there, the class I’m going to be in is going to be amazing,” Young said. He returns to Columbus for Friday Night Lights in July. “Tate Martell, Antjuan Simmons, it’s the best of the best in that class,” Young said. “

“It is ridiculous,” Simmons said of the potential for more.

I’m certainly not ruling out the nation’s No. 2 outside linebacker in five-star Baron Browning and Ohio State is also in the thick of it for the country’s No. 2 running back in five-star Cam Akers. Other names on the board include five-star cornerback Darnay Holmes, five-star receiver Donovan Peoples-Jones, Top247 cornerback Lamont Wade, defensive tackle Jay Tufele and linebacker Anthony Hines.

scooty006

Buckeyes are putting together a special class for sure. Just hope Corch doesn't develop any more "heart" problems...:D

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Buckeyes are putting together a special class for sure. Just hope Corch doesn't develop any more "heart" problems...:D

If he does, Snook might develop his own heart problem..:D

Snook, you are the reason I don't hate OSU!

OSU and Meyer have it going on! I hope in a couple years that Kirby is getting done on the field cause I'm not worried about his recruiting!:cheers:

Madsnooker

If he does, Snook might develop his own heart problem..:D

Snook, you are the reason I don't hate OSU!

OSU and Meyer have it going on! I hope in a couple years that Kirby is getting done on the field cause I'm not worried about his recruiting!:cheers:

I already said I think Kirby was a great hire for the pups !;)

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Just done get too comfortable with your coach. I liked Woody Hayes by the way and still enjoy watching old clips of him clothlining the player in the gator bowl.