Ever think you’re just born to lose ?

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
I’m not complaining just venting

Been in and out of surgery and rehab since 2016. 3 major ones one minor

One year ago this week I had Achilles tendon surgery.
Wednesday this week I was formally released from my doctor.
24 hours later on Thursday I was cleaning up some stuff in the yard and stepped on a small old tree stump with my left foot trying to get it to break off. It was hard at first and instead of breaking at the top it broke down in the ground and popped up out of the ground. My right foot stepped back to get my balance and I heard and felt a loud POP right at my knee. I was on the phone with my mama and I don’t claim responsibility for what I said.
A sudden sharp main went from my foot to my Butt. I could wak only with a bad limp.

So 24 hours later it’s still sore, swollen and hurts when I turn certain ways.
I refuse to go to the doctor for now going to try and ride it out

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
I hope you’re able to wak much better before long, T.

Lilly001

We are getting older.
I had a conversation with the Wifey this AM about us keeping each other informed on our physical issues.
I would , at minimum, go to a walk-in clinic and get it checked out.
I think of medical issues at my age as like an old truck. Sometimes a little preventative maintenance goes a long way.
I hope you recover soon.

Core Lokt

Loud pop's are not a good thing and will not usually just heal. Better get it looked at sooner than later. You don't scar tissue to get in the picture, it could make things worse if you do need to get it fixed.

Hate it for ya man. Sometimes life keeps throwing boiling balls at us and we are the pins.

Just think about/read the book of Job :)

Last edited:

sinclair1

Stay positive! You may be the big winner. A lady died from that single ant bite. Winning

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Hamstring sounds like. Can take a while to heal if you push it. Might want to see about it as aggravating as that is.

turkeykirk

Hope you heal up.
I was moving some stuff (heavy anvil) in my shop the first of April. Knocked over my oil quench bucket and I did a split like a cheerleader (couldn’t do that even when I was in high school). Couldn’t move my legs for 1/2 hour. Called my son and wife to come get me off the floor and out of the oil. Really messed up my turkey season. Learned that I don’t bounce like I did in my youth. :rofl:

Redbow

Man I hate it for you its so easy to get hurt especially when you get old like I am. Hope you get better soon without the help of a physician. I keep doing things myself that I should not do at my age, I will soon be 77. And I keep paying the price for my actions, stubborn old men are their own worst enemy.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Getting old can be a rough road, but some rough road beats the heck out of the alternative.

Get yourself checked out T.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Sorry to hear that. Rant accepted and justified.

Go to an orthopedic urgent care place. They get you in and out with minimal bovine excrement compared to a regular orthopedic office. At least the one in Athens does.

BeerThirty

I feel for you brother. Take it one day at a time, tomorrow is a new day.

But yeah, I feel the same way about losing. I seem to have very bad luck financially. Things breaking all the time on the house or the vehicles. Unexpected expenses. Can never get ahead... that's how I feel down about stuff.