Example letter or advice on requesting hunting permission

erhunter

Hey y’all,
Anyone have an example letter or advice when writing a landowner to ask for hunting permission? Keep it short and sweet?

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
If at all possible knock on the door and look him in the eye. Try to offer something of value when you ask for something of value. Older landowners might very much like to have a couple of weekends of help pruning up a yard or cleaning out driveway ditches.

erhunter

Yea good tips. This is a timber company. I went knocking on doors one time and almost had a German Shepherd get me, been a little nervous since

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
A timber company will be interested in a lease and the $$ it will bring. I am surprised that you have found a patch of timber company land that is not leased already or has an active manager for leases.

erhunter

A timber company will be interested in a lease and the $$ it will bring. I am surprised that you have found a patch of timber company land that is not leased already or has an active manager for leases.
Tell you the truth it may be leased already, gotta ride out there and look first. Then check their offices.