Fat guy friendly kayaks?

JC33

Hi...echoing what most everyone has said, just do your best to demo and try out the boats you are considering. This is especially important, as a big guy...take it from me as I'm 290+! Yeah, some shops have a pool, like the place over in Dallas or up in Dawsonville. While the pool doesn't give you much room to paddle around, you can at least get a good feel for stability and how much water may come up into the boat through the scuppers. You may be able to get a quick demo of a boat on the water as well, depending on the shop. I was able to try out a few boats this way a few months back. Good luck!

scottpriest

Nucanoe F12. I have had one for about 3 years, fished all kinds of water from the Gulf to north Ga and it has been fantastic in all situations. I weigh about the same and have loaded it down with gear. the flexibility with the track system for seating is great too!

Cmp1

BANNED
Nucanoe F12. I have had one for about 3 years, fished all kinds of water from the Gulf to north Ga and it has been fantastic in all situations. I weigh about the same and have loaded it down with gear. the flexibility with the track system for seating is great too!
If I can sell my boat,this one is in my future,,,,trolling motor on it,,,,bad back,,,,

Chris17

Little late to the party here but the NuCanoe F12 has the highest payload capacity of any yak I've been able to find at 650 lbs. Some other good ideas here.

spkoli

Does anyone know if Appalachian outfitters will let you demo it for a minute or two?

Latest posts