Favorite Hunting Vehicle?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Same as my daily driver-2018 Nissan Frontier 4x4. A lot of places in these mountains are hard to get a bigger truck into.

A couple of my favorites from years gone by were a '67 Scout (the small jeep-like one that looked like the old, original Bronco;) and my old '83 Chevy tank. Anything that isn't 4wd won't get you far at all here.

Here's the only pic I still have of the old Chevy, back in the late 80s when it was still a relatively new Chevy. I drove that thing for many, many years until it just Chevvied out:

oldpic.jpg

Curvebow05

Same as my daily driver-2018 Nissan Frontier 4x4. A lot of places in these mountains are hard to get a bigger truck into.

A couple of my favorites from years gone by were a '67 Scout (the small jeep-like one that looked like the old, original Bronco;) and my old '83 Chevy tank. Anything that isn't 4wd won't get you far at all here.

Here's the only pic I still have of the old Chevy, back in the late 80s when it was still a relatively new Chevy. I drove that thing for many, many years until it just Chevvied out:

View attachment 943923
One of my favorites was an '82 Silverado with a completely built 400sb out of a '79. That joker embarrassed a lot of "muscle cars" as the 4" lift and 33's got me just about everywhere I wanted to go. I sold it and the guy after me ran it at the mudbog in Newport NC and it was a champion for several years in a row. I loved that truck!

TimBray

My DD- '00 Durango 4x4. Have a hitch rack to haul the deer on and can sleep in the back. (y)
When the trans went out 1/2 way thru the '16-'17 season, I had to drive the wife's '06 Dodge 2500 CTD 4x4 quad cab (any time anybody asked about the truck, she told them- "It's MY truck."). Every time I left in it she told me I had better not get her truck dirty or scratch it. :LOL: Had to stop by the car wash several times on the way home and rinse it off. ;) Swapped Durango over to 5 spd. manual spring of '17 so it's all good now.

Somebody mention Samurai? Never took it hunting as there just wasn't enough room for me, my son, and our gear. Friend of mine had a stock one that he would barely have enough room to drive when he loaded up for deer camp. :LOL:

Attachments

• Sammi.jpg
    Sammi.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 12

specialk

my dad had 3 different international scouts.....awesome hunting vehicles.....

papaul

1988 GMC S-15 JIMMY 4X4 4.3L AUTOMATIC.THE REAR SEAT FOLDS FLAT SO IT HAS LOTS OF ROOM TO HAUL THINGS:GAME CART,200 LB CAPACITY FEEDER,5 BAGS OF CORN,5 FT STEP LADDER;ALL AT THE SAME TIME WITH ROOM TO SPAIR.003.jpg

Last edited:

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
I miss my old ranger 4x4... Go anywhere truck! Lifted a little so the lights would shi ... Ahhh I'm getting off topic!

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
'88 toyota, 22re with 276,000 miles and is a daily driver. I have another engine out of an rv with 70,000 waiting to go in when this one checks out.88 yota.png

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
Oh, It still has A/C and ain't but 8 inches or so wider that all the side-by-sides at camp.:biggrin2:

7Mag Hunter

85 S-10 rebuilt V-6..granny gear 4 speed, cut fenders, 2" body lift with 32x12:50x15 mud tires....will go anywhere an ATV will...20+mpg, but NO AC....cant upload pic, cause cell phone pic file is to big..

gma1320

I like a Useles Billy Thread
2006 Silverado 4wd. Just wish it was smaller for the tighter trails but I still manage. And has made it through some places it didn't have no business being at oaky woods and our huntin club