Feeding time charts

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
I'm down with the moon affecting feeding times.
The chart I look at follows along with that.
I pay attention to it but I hunt by my schedule more often than it's schedule. It may make me stay in the stand a little longer or get in a little earlier...

madsam

Never used a chart but dk that they have to feed constantly ,,,and are
most active in early a.m. and right before dark. They are usually moving
and feeding different times/areas right before BP starts to drop. My OP...

patriot15joe

Start checking it when you see them feeding on the roadsides… it’s pretty accurate. The only time I don’t pay attention to it is in the rut.

Last edited:

Full Draw McGraw

I don't pay too much attention.
According to the Astro table in the October issue of GON today is the best day for movement in the entire month of October... i think i heard 3 shots all morning.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
I don't pay too much attention.
According to the Astro table in the October issue of GON today is the best day for movement in the entire month of October... i think i heard 3 shots all morning.
Hunt mid day during a fool moon. The primary feeding time was between 1 and 3 today. It moves from 2 to 4 tomorrow

earlthegoat2

i Used them when I was younger but haven’t looked at them in about 15 years.

Maybe I’ll take a look again since there is such a following here. Haven’t seen a deer in my last two days hunting though either way.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I'm down with the moon affecting feeding times.
The chart I look at follows along with that.
I pay attention to it but I hunt by my schedule more often than it's schedule. It may make me stay in the stand a little longer or get in a little earlier...
This^^^ I go when I can too, but I usually am aware of those times……I get them off my HuntStand app.

Full Draw McGraw

Hunt mid day during a fool moon. The primary feeding time was between 1 and 3 today. It moves from 2 to 4 tomorrow
Of course. There was no shooting at midday either where i was. It was 80 degrees though, probably kept some people out of the woods.
I'm in the 'hunt when you have the chance to hunt' camp.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
That 98% lunar illumination is a deal breaker.

Ima' sleep in and eat a good breakfast for a few days.
It did say it was a 9 yesterday, pretty much spot on because they barely moved. Grandsons wanted to go regardless

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I watch the deer. When the deer are moving. They are moving. When they laying around. Well u don’t see them. Durning this rut season movement can be at any time. May not last long but the weather is not a factor when this occurs. Your cameras in foodplots is not a indication. You have got to put cameras in natural areas as well.
1698608434067.jpeg
1698608551417.jpeg1698608485036.jpeg
I like what I’m seeing. At the bottom pic I plan on hunting a climber. Upper pics I have killed deer there 9 to 4 a couple times. And other areas like the 2 above. No stand just sitting by a tree. Upper areas I use a climber on a pine. My other 2 cameras on plots didn’t get daytime pics. They will this afternoon or most the time they do.
They are hitting the green fields pretty good. Need rain n them. The dew is keeping them going.

Then there is that being there. Maybe I’ll get lucky.
I’d rather be lucky than good I’ve heard many times.

The feed charts are not bad. But they are charts and just like the weather can’t predict it all.

Big7

The Oracle
It did say it was a 9 yesterday, pretty much spot on because they barely moved. Grandsons wanted to go regardless

:offtopic: But...

Along those same lines, the Georgia Department Of Natural Resources puts out a "Rut Map".

I have been using it either since it came out or as far back as I can remember and have found it to be VERY accurate.

If y'all have that up there and it was generated based on what Georgia DNR used for your state, you might want to check that out.

RedFoxx

well...i cant say this happens all the time cause i really have not been checking...but here is what the chart i found recently said for 10-30....he stayed over 30 minutes eating away...

Monday​

10/30/23​

Major Times
1:30 AM-3:30 AM
1:57 PM-3:57 PM
and here is a pic from my camera last night.. at 1.30am

Attachments

• STC_0833.JPG
    STC_0833.JPG
    149 KB · Views: 11
  • STC_0998.JPG
    STC_0998.JPG
    152.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

HuntingFool

I plan my week off in November and December based on Solunar times. Only way to pick best days to take off months ahead.

kmaxwell3

I use one on my phone. It shows by day rating percentage also. I have killed more deer when it was 15% than 95% ratings on days. I hunt when I can either way.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231101-171526_Fishing and Hunting Solunar Time.jpg
    Screenshot_20231101-171526_Fishing and Hunting Solunar Time.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 5