Finally a Little Rain

Canuck5

Food Plot advisor extraordinaire !
I planted a good sized turnips patch last weekend. Not sure who it is for, the deer or the deer hunters, but it is in the ground. I am watching the weather for the end of the month. Fingers crossed.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
I’ve received 3 1/2” of rain in the past three hours. Rain still coming down. I’m in Putnam County nw of Eatonton. Just a reference for anyone else that is interested in the area.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I got the last of my dirt turned yesterday just before it rained hard. Don’t know if I can keep at it though. I’ll check the dirt when I come out of the woods this morning.

Jim Boyd

We got good rain last two days.

Planting 30 Sept.

Oats, brassica, clovers.

I am a near idiot so I just plant the oats and mix the rest together and broadcast.

May grab a few bags of AWP also.

Good luck all!!!!!

Triple C

Boys…I’m at the farm now. We planted 3 weeks ago without spraying. Plenty of rain n germination excellent. Didn’t spray. Just mowed, disc’d n ran the firminator thru it to plant.

Observations from planting so early:
- Plenty of rain with excellent germination.
- Brassicas gonna be very good.
- Downside - Crabgrass n foxtail back with a vengeance.

Prolly ok with first frost but if we plant this early nxt yr will definitely spray with gly 2 weeks ahead of planting. I’ll try n take pics in morn n post

Big7

The Oracle
We been getting some in varying degrees every day for the last few days.

Glad too.. Things were starting to look pretty sad even with watering every 2 or 3 days.

What didn't die or get real bad stressed looks real good now.

buckmanmike

Dang, I haven't put seed in the ground yet. I've sprayed and limed. Planning on buying a tiller next week. My harrow has about died.
Next week after Wednesday if rain in the forecast.
Post up your plot pics.